SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

2 minutes ago, bballfan said:

Anyone want to put together some sort of depth chart?  It has been hard to keep up with where all these new players are expected to play position wise. 

https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/north-dakota

They do a pretty good job with that.  They don't have Brooks, Fong, or Nicholson on there yet but you can reach out to them to make corrections

On 6/14/2022 at 7:11 AM, Nodak78 said:

So in this freshman class.

Mr. BB ND

Mr. BB Kansas

Mr. BB candidate from MN

Is Sather recruiting or what.

Sather: Do you want to be the Summit Freshman of the year?

Recruit: Yes

Sather: UND is where you go to be the top freshman 

Recruit: I’m in! ( thinking in the back of his mind of all the D1 offers to the last FoY)

12 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Sather: Do you want to be the Summit Freshman of the year?

Recruit: Yes

Sather: UND is where you go to be the top freshman 

Recruit: I’m in! ( thinking in the back of his mind of all the D1 offers to the last FoY)

Ha! Ain't that the truth.

Although come to think of it, Brunsy only got 1 (secret) offer correct, after FoY? USD.  UND might have been his only D1 offer out of H.S.

On 6/15/2022 at 7:53 AM, jdub27 said:

Only the players who are returning. Bruns and Mihai Carcoana who are transferring to USD aren't listed.

NDSU and SDSU still show their 2021-22 roster, including players who have transferred.

Seems like we're really reaching for things to be upset about. Let's wait until people are actually on campus and they have started practice and set the roster before we start getting all up in arms.

i guess i was stating that in this new times where your roster changes SOOO much you might want to be proactive for your fans and have a current roster of guys that are returning and why not start post that as early as possible....like USD?

and why not put up guys that have at least signed a NLI and then put an asterisk after their name stating that?

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

and why not put up guys that have at least signed a NLI and then put an asterisk after their name stating that?

Because they likely haven't registered for classes or finished all of their entrance paperwork? Maybe not on campus yet? Guessing there are plenty of reasons for it.
USD only has their spring 2022 football roster up. Where's their fall 2022 football roster? Why one sport and not the other? 

The good news is, with the recently announced changes in the athletic department, there will soon be someone specific to raise your concerns to. 

13 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Because they likely haven't registered for classes or finished all of their entrance paperwork? Maybe not on campus yet? Guessing there are plenty of reasons for it.
USD only has their spring 2022 football roster up. Where's their fall 2022 football roster? Why one sport and not the other? 

The good news is, with the recently announced changes in the athletic department, there will soon be someone specific to raise your concerns to. 

guess i'm talking basketball?  your talking football?

7 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Lots of youth, athleticism, and some shooting with this incoming class.

Will be interesting to see how this all comes together, along with the healthy returns of Nero, Sueker, Levias, and Mathews and the development of Norman and T. 

Athleticism is the key I think. Something we sorely missed last year. How many dunks did we have last year? A handful maybe it felt like. 

On 6/14/2022 at 10:00 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

not sure...why not trey or brooks

I lean towards Nero starting for a couple of reasons.  First, I think he will pair well with Trent and will give UND a nice defensive presence in the backcourt, which is what UND needs.  Before his injury, he was really starting to put it all together on both ends.  It will also help to give UND a player that has some ball handling experience, eventhough he will likely play off the ball at the 2 spot.  

I think Eaglestaff and Brooks will start off of the bench and provide scoring off of the bench, which will be needed. Unless one of them just lights in up and forces the coaches hands, especially on the defensive side of the basketball.

Wonder which side of the basketball I want them to improve in?  

On 6/22/2022 at 3:14 PM, jdub27 said:

Talking both.
Pointing out that USD doesn't yet have their football roster updated, which starts months before basketball.

if you were trying to build a fan base you think the second that  when  und had commencement activiites you would update you team webpages...a new fan googling UNDs basketball roster is probably wanting to know what they would looking FORWARD to...not what happened 3 months ago...i could see leaving your roster reflecting last year if you actually had a good run ......but if your season sucked like und and usd why not update it for the casual fan to build some momentum for this fall?

• 2 weeks later...

St. Thomas released their full schedule today:  Conference games included.  Knowing UST, we also when UND plays WIU as well. 

12/19 @ UST

12/21 @ WIU

2/23 WIU

2/25 UST

*Was up for a bit but UST took down the conference portion of the schedule

1 minute ago, Kab said:

Watched eaglestaff in the lions games

didnt really shoot that good to me, had a lot of good assists

the Fargo kid going to northern impressed me 

Miller mentioned he was hampered by a sore groin, so that could have been a reason for the shooting woes.