SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

8 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

DU and Omaha at home will be good opportunities

WIU and UST are possible ones.

We seem to play significantly better at home so the final home games are all legit shots to win. I would say DU and Omaha are the best two chances to get another win. 

On 2/1/2023 at 5:23 PM, Kab said:

Coach mentioned Brady and what he is going through but also mentioned Mitchell when he was interviewed about the t shirts.’ And what players are going through off the court.

was wondering about Mitch

Mitch’s mom is battling stage 4 ovarian cancer, which returned in late July.  She was first diagnosed when Mitch was a 9th grader and given a few months to live, but she made it another 8 years.

There’s 5 games left to the season, if UND continues to play as they have the past two games, I don’t think 4-1 is out of reach. 3-2 is more likely and 2-3 is probably the minimum acceptable (it’s not acceptable but anything less than this is a huge disappointment) outcome. 

2 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

There’s 5 games left to the season, if UND continues to play as they have the past two games, I don’t think 4-1 is out of reach. 3-2 is more likely and 2-3 is probably the minimum acceptable (it’s not acceptable but anything less than this is a huge disappointment) outcome. 

Which 3 do you have us winning? I think we will win Saturday and then lose the final four.

At ORU is a loss. At UMKC I think we would lose as we aren't nearly as good on the road. Vs Western Illinois is a loss I believe. Possibly could pull it off since it is at home but it is an 11 am game on a Thursday so will be very small crowd. St. Thomas hung with ORU the majority of the game last night. That will probably be a loss. 

I think 1-4, possibly 2-3 over the next 5 games.

1 minute ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Which 3 do you have us winning? I think we will win Saturday and then lose the final four.

At ORU is a loss. At UMKC I think we would lose as we aren't nearly as good on the road. Vs Western Illinois is a loss I believe. Possibly could pull it off since it is at home but it is an 11 am game on a Thursday so will be very small crowd. St. Thomas hung with ORU the majority of the game last night. That will probably be a loss. 

I think Western should be a win. I didn’t realize it was at 11am on a Thursday though. I think they can pull off the St. Thomas game or the UMKC. St. Thomas is not nearly as good on the road, we also hung with ORU at home. UMKC they’ve beat them before so they should have the confidence but I get it’s a road test. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Home games are winnable and they played KC close last year.  I think they can win down there if they can shoot as well as they did in the first matchup.

DU pounded WIU by 30 at home. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Home games are winnable and they played KC close last year.  I think they can win down there if they can shoot as well as they did in the first matchup.

DU pounded WIU by 30 at home. 

Fair points! Other than Omaha, the final four games are all vs teams that are right in the thick of it and will need to get as many wins as possible for seeding purposes. I could see teams having that as extra motivation that they need every single win and can't afford losing one to a bottom of the conference team.

I wouldn't be surprised if we go 3-2 the final five games. But I also wouldn't be surprised if we go 1-4.

36 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So why not have the 3rd place game and Final on Friday like they are doing in the Region 1 regional at the SHAC in Fargo. Poor planning and embarrassing for the REA and UND. 

How will we ever overcome it??  Oh, the humanity!  LOL!