SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

On 5/5/2022 at 9:27 AM, Kab said:

How about we get a 2 for 1 home and home with creighton

doubt we could get 1 for 1 

It took a 3 for 1 just for Northern Iowa years ago— and Creighton is at an entirely different level.  If they want to play you, they just give you the cash to come play them in there building.  There is a absolutely no chance of them coming here.  Whether there are connections or not

8 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Adjusted your post.

Just use the Ralph and set it up for basketball.

*Although yes, a new basketball facility would be nice. 

The Ralph could pay enough to get big name teams to come here and if fans show up it could be an annual thing.  Didn't we sell out the Kansas game?  What percent of that was because of the ND kid playing.  Also how does the Sanford Center get such good games set up and how much do they pay for them?  I understand Kansas came because they had a local kid from ND but my point stands.

12 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

The Ralph could pay enough to get big name teams to come here and if fans show up it could be an annual thing.  Didn't we sell out the Kansas game?  What percent of that was because of the ND kid playing.  Also how does the Sanford Center get such good games set up and how much do they pay for them?  I understand Kansas came because they had a local kid from ND but my point stands.

I agree we need the Ralph for the big game.  But Bouchee filled the Ralph.  We all wanted him at UND.

41 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

It was Brady Nicholson of Chaska

6'9 240.  

Interesting story - he had weighed more than 300 pounds but lost 80 before his senior year.   He averaged 24/game this last year on a very average team!

The Bison had offered him late last summer.  

brady 

14 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

A lefty with soft touch.  

don't see much lift in the big fella..wondering if he'll get his shot blocked a bit...but looks like anohter big guy which we needed and it looks like he can maybe hit the 3 at 6'8"?

On 5/3/2022 at 2:46 PM, MoSiouxFan said:

Have we now filled all of the available scholarships?

I answered this question incorrectly last week.   I thought something else was happening that didn't materialize.

Nicholson was a PWO so we still have a schollie available.  I would guess we will keep it in our back pocket unless someone came available that we couldn't pass on!!

1 hour ago, UND Fan said:

I answered this question incorrectly last week.   I thought something else was happening that didn't materialize.

Nicholson was a PWO so we still have a schollie available.  I would guess we will keep it in our back pocket unless someone came available that we couldn't pass on!!

Are you saying keep it in their back pocket going into the season or just not rushing to fill it right now and waiting for the right player prior to the season?

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

Are you saying keep it in their back pocket going into the season or just not rushing to fill it right now and waiting for the right player prior to the season?

Keep it in their pocket for whenever the right kid becomes available. I don't think they would offer it in August just so they would have all 13 allotted before the before fall practice begins.