SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

18 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

can we offer a bigger school a 5-1 to get someone Bigish.... to come here?

There isn't one Power 5 school that will ever travel to UND..... just won't happen.... the reality is scheduling is extremely hard for UND.... not a lot of teams are dying to travel to Grand Forks for no pay day.... they could care less about the return home game... they would rather not make the trip at all.

2 minutes ago, SD UND said:

There isn't one Power 5 school that will ever travel to UND..... just won't happen.... the reality is scheduling is extremely hard for UND.... not a lot of teams are dying to travel to Grand Forks for no pay day.... they could care less about the return home game... they would rather not make the trip at all.

never said power 5...just bigger than umc, sodak school of mines, mayville....

la tech game back under jones was awesome.......but presentation college is ........nice.

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

never said power 5...just bigger than umc, sodak school of mines, mayville....

la tech game back under jones was awesome.......but presentation college is ........nice.

Last years home schedule wasn't so bad (Milwaukee, Montana, EWU and Utah Tech)

This years already is better (Pacific, Montana State, CS Fullerton, Utah Tech, probably 1 or 2 more)

They are trending in the right direction

7 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Need to do more collab with NDSU and get teams to come for 2 games.  Like with Pacific and also going out to Portland. 

That is the best way moving forward. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, SD UND said:

How about other mid-majors (before mid-majors are basically kicked out of Division I)? We could work with NDSU and get teams to come to North Dakota for two games (Friday-Saturday or Saturday-Sunday).

3 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

How about other mid-majors (before mid-majors are basically kicked out of Division I)? We could work with NDSU and get teams to come to North Dakota for two games (Friday-Saturday or Saturday-Sunday).

makes too much sense i guess?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So you the ND schools to agree on who to play, work out the right dates for everyone, who plays who first, etc...Then you want those schools to agree to play both ND schools and fit it into what they are looking for in their schedule?

It's a great thought, and I'm sure it's something that they are trying to do, however it's a lot more complicated than everyone wants it to be. 

2 hours ago, SD UND said:

So you the ND schools to agree on who to play, work out the right dates for everyone, who plays who first, etc...Then you want those schools to agree to play both ND schools and fit it into what they are looking for in their schedule?

It's a great thought, and I'm sure it's something that they are trying to do, however it's a lot more complicated than everyone wants it to be. 

It needs to happen years in advance.

14 minutes ago, LDL said:

Would ndsu rather partner like this with UND or SDSU?  I'm not sure they are of the mindset to do anything that helps UND.  Working with SDSU helps themselves and hurts UND in my opinion.  Thoughts?  

UND and NDSU are going out to Portland in December (3rd UND, 5th NDSU)

They are both hosting Pacific in November. (13th NDSU, 15th UND)

Why would SDSU need to use NDSU when USD is right there?

9 hours ago, SD UND said:

I honestly wish I know I’ll get hate for this but if a P5 school wanted to get 8 home games schedule und sdsu usd and school 70 miles south in a week

8 homes games in next 4-8 years after one week of misery in the north of cool wearher

9 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Last years home schedule wasn't so bad (Milwaukee, Montana, EWU and Utah Tech)

This years already is better (Pacific, Montana State, CS Fullerton, Utah Tech, probably 1 or 2 more)

They are trending in the right direction

Need to do more collab with NDSU and get teams to come for 2 games.  Like with Pacific and also going out to Portland. 

That is the best way moving forward. 

How is this years better?

I’ll take Montana and Milwaukee over any of home game sthusb year

11 hours ago, gfhockey said:

How is this years better?

I’ll take Montana and Milwaukee over any of home game sthusb year

Replace EWU with CS Fullerton, who went dancing last year

Replace Montana with Montana State, who went dancing last year and is a serious threat to go back

Pretty sure that alone makes it better.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Replace EWU with CS Fullerton, who went dancing last year

Replace Montana with Montana State, who went dancing last year and is a serious threat to go back

Pretty sure that alone makes it better.

Hey, stop bringing positivity into @gfhockey's life! I don't think he would know how to handle it! :p:wink::bigsmile:

3 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

2 non D1s have been scheduled per the docket

Wisconsin-Stout on Nov 22nd

North Central (MN) on Dec 12th.

29 games confirmed, have to be one or two more games left out there before the schedule is done. 

some people say that we don't play nsic schools bc we would lose........why aren't these two game bemidji and moorhead state????????/

• Upvote 1