SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

2 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Two teams that went to the NCAAs last year (CS Fullerton and Montana State) and a team that won the regular season crown (Seattle)

Not bad.  I went looking back at some old non-conference schedules from previous seasons, they have come a long way. 

Sather has really improved the schedule.  Nice recruiting too.  Now win baby.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dmksioux said:

Not sure if this was posted already and too lazy to look. :)

UND plays at Elon on November 17th.  https://elonphoenix.com/news/2022/9/7/mens-basketball-mens-basketball-announces-non-conference-schedule.aspx

Dang Elon, slowing everything up.

Good non-conference schedule, some winnable games and some tough ones to get ready for Summit Play.

Lets go

23 minutes ago, Kab said:

Anyone high on eaglestaff or does he need time to develop a little on defense 

Yes and yes. He and the other young players need time to adjust to the speed, quickness, and physical play at the college level. He has a lot of potential but getting stronger and being able to play defense at this level are 2 important keys. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Kab said:

Anyone high on eaglestaff or does he need time to develop a little on defense 

They were one of the worst defensive teams in the country last year.... so I don't think he will be alone in needing to develop on defense. Our two oldest players, Nero and Sueker are our two worst defensive players. Jalun Trent should help us on that end.

IMO, Treysen has a chance to be special offensively.

1 hour ago, SD UND said:

I hope you are all right about Sueker, I'm not as high on him.

The big thing with him was during his first year, his 3 point shot wasn't falling.  He normally is a high 30% 3 point shooter but just didn't have it.  Second year he wrecked his ankle and wasn't really the same when he tried to play on it.  So I think we will get the best version on Sueker on both ends this year. 

• Like 1

I’m really conflicted on what the starting lineup will look like. I feel like there’s a lot of spots up for grabs, maybe all of them but one. I think Sueker is the only lock right now. I would say Trent and Nero (to start the year at least) are probably in there as well. T? I’m not a fan but he played a lot of minutes last year but maybe Matthews snags the 5. That 3 spot I lean Levias but could see Danielson being in there as that’s Sather’s trusty hustle guy. Norman could also come into play there. 

I think there will be a lot of change throughout the year as some of the younger newer pieces develop. I’m excited, I think we have a lot more talent this year and more athleticism. Maybe we will even see a couple dunks, feel like it’s been a while!

26 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’m really conflicted on what the starting lineup will look like. I feel like there’s a lot of spots up for grabs, maybe all of them but one. I think Sueker is the only lock right now. I would say Trent and Nero (to start the year at least) are probably in there as well. T? I’m not a fan but he played a lot of minutes last year but maybe Matthews snags the 5. That 3 spot I lean Levias but could see Danielson being in there as that’s Sather’s trusty hustle guy. Norman could also come into play there. 

I think there will be a lot of change throughout the year as some of the younger newer pieces develop. I’m excited, I think we have a lot more talent this year and more athleticism. Maybe we will even see a couple dunks, feel like it’s been a while!

I think you are spot on.  Depth is the difference this year.  Line up could change.  By years end a younger line up.

1 minute ago, dmksioux said:

This is where Mathew’s hopefully comes into play. He’s a big body that hopefully got stronger and quicker since last year.  

yeah...he showed some up and unders ..used his off hand couple of times...i agree...i think he will be the most improved from the returning big men..zz needs to step it up this year.