SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2021: It giveth, it taketh away.

The Sicatoka

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Isn't it possible that not all of the players entering the portal are a surprise to the coaches? If they have a good relationship it could go both ways. The player shares they want to move for various reasons or the coach shares the realities of team depth and  playing time. This situation speaks to that.

True...but look who we've been talking about. NO way they are good with Otis leaving. I think his disciplinary things are being overblown and I bet none of the coaches are thinking "Glad he's gone."

17 minutes ago, shep said:

True...but look who we've been talking about. NO way they are good with Otis leaving. I think his disciplinary things are being overblown and I bet none of the coaches are thinking "Glad he's gone."

Agreed, I am thinking it was the situation with Erweiler tranfering to play with his brother - probably something he didn't just drop on the staff. 

34 minutes ago, shep said:

Saw it on Twitter last night. Can't find it now.

He got a PWO offer last night, but that doesn't mean he's committed there quite yet.  That may be his ultimate goal, even if it means less playing time. 

And he did have a PWO from the Gophers before coming to UND.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Overblown? Not in the least.

What do we really know v what has been speculated? 

I realize some on this board have access to insider knowledge. I don't. So I'm legit curious as to what really went on with him.

A helluva talent. But if he's been a troubled soul in the locker room then I'm Ok with the departure.

25 minutes ago, shep said:

What do we really know v what has been speculated? 

I realize some on this board have access to insider knowledge. I don't. So I'm legit curious as to what really went on with him.

A helluva talent. But if he's been a troubled soul in the locker room then I'm Ok with the departure.

A set of rules for Otis and a set of rules for everyone else?  Its the ultimate team game.  Would love to know how many practices/lifts/meetings he was late for or missed altogether.

3 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

A set of rules for Otis and a set of rules for everyone else?  Its the ultimate team game.  Would love to know how many practices/lifts/meetings he was late for or missed altogether.

Wish him the best but perhaps the reason he has chosen to test the waters is because there was only one set of rules. 

One has to think how much the decision to sit Weah and not bring him to the Southern Illinois game played a part into the decision.  Not saying it was the only factor, but that may have caused a rif between him and the coaches that maybe he couldn't get over.  He was sick all week and the coaches said that by the time he was healthy, it was too late to fit him into the gameplan.  Weah seemed to be just fine on Saturday because he attended a Moorhead High School football game that day.  I never really understood the decision to not play Weah that game if he was healthy.  Not too hard to plug your All American RB into the mix after 4 days of missed practices.  

Also, he didn't play against Drake because he missed a team meeting.  I don't mean to dog on Weah, but there are definitly some character issues there.  Part of me thinks how much he really wants to be here.  I guess we now know the answer.

18 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

One has to think how much the decision to sit Weah and not bring him to the Southern Illinois game played a part into the decision.  Not saying it was the only factor, but that may have caused a rif between him and the coaches that maybe he couldn't get over.  He was sick all week and the coaches said that by the time he was healthy, it was too late to fit him into the gameplan.  Weah seemed to be just fine on Saturday because he attended a Moorhead High School football game that day.  I never really understood the decision to not play Weah that game if he was healthy.  Not too hard to plug your All American RB into the mix after 4 days of missed practices.  

Also, he didn't play against Drake because he missed a team meeting.  I don't mean to dog on Weah, but there are definitly some character issues there.  Part of me thinks how much he really wants to be here.  I guess we now know the answer.

He was "sick" all week?  You know this for a fact?

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

This gets to my point~no one knows!

Many on here are like the people who determine someone is guilty in a trial without having been on the jury.

You really don’t know the facts.

I don’t either, but I refuse to speculate that it’s all bad.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, petey23 said:

Schools must be a lot less stringent these days when it comes to transferring credits from one school to another. I remember back when I was in school(late 80's) I had friends switch schools and they would lose credits going from one school to another either because the class didn't fit the cirriculum at the school you were transferring and many times if you didn't have an A or a B the class would alos not transfer to new school.

You 'prolly' get all you credits plus a wokeness credit, hot chocolate, and a coloring book.