SiouxSports.com Forum

Is this real?

SlowHand

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

The biggest disappointment is that there are leaders on this campus (somewhere in a closed meeting room) that thought this was a good idea and spent a great deal of time and money to create this statue, then within a week some other leader(s) made the decision to remove it. Just a bad reflection on all sides. It just shows that one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. Sounds like we need some investigative reporting. 

Agree. This current administration at UND is a f%$#ing Clown Show...starting at the very top.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Agree. This current administration at UND is a f%$#ing Clown Show...starting at the very top.

LOL. Bring back Kupchella I guess. Maybe Baker or Kelley? 

The reviews I've heard from a wide spectrum of people. Given the hand he's been dealt, quite a few no win situations but the feedback is pretty damn positive despite that. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, petey23 said:

Welp. It was a good run.

Just deducing from the above pics here but id bet it has more to do with maybe needing to get equipment in for landscaping work....

Or maybe.... much like my college experience....  Mike Hawk was quickly sought after.

7 hours ago, jdub27 said:

LOL. Bring back Kupchella I guess. Maybe Baker or Kelley? 

The reviews I've heard from a wide spectrum of people. Given the hand he's been dealt, quite a few no win situations but the feedback is pretty damn positive despite 

LOL.....

Clifford

6 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I hear a big donor threatened to pull their donations…….. Engelstads?

6 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Gotta admit that’s pretty damn funny!

Or the administration saw the added anatomy and felt "Mike" need to go as to not offend the binary/trans/ABCQVC students and faculty.

• Upvote 1

Pro Tip:

You do not have a statue of a logo or worse, a mascot. Logos and mascot costumes change. 

You do have a statue of the imagery behind the moniker. Panthers, and gators, and grizzlies, they don't. See ... 

UPittsburgh 
Penn State
LSU
Florida
Washington
Montana
Texas 
Wisconsin 

Armacost, having just come from the Air Force Falcons should know this. 

What should be inspiration for a Fighting Hawk statue is literally about 700 feet to the west. 

9 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Pro Tip:

You do not have a statue of a logo or worse, a mascot. Logos and mascot costumes change. 

You do have a statue of the imagery behind the moniker. Panthers, and gators, and grizzlies, they don't. See ... 

UPittsburgh 
Penn State
LSU
Florida
Washington
Montana
Texas 
Wisconsin 

What should be inspiration for a Fighting Hawk statue is literally about 700 feet to the west. 

At least Wisconsin is smart enough not to have a statue honoring this:

80347078_original.jpg?1288485525

10 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Pro Tip:

UPittsburgh 
Penn State
LSU
Florida
Washington
Montana
Texas 
Wisconsin 

image.thumb.jpeg.7e7941972a9cc55e23192c2d127044e8.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I was absolutely against the new nickname and the Steggie Mike statue.  But, given some of stuff that I have seen on social media.  I am starting to regain my faith in Gen Z students.  I kind of miss seeing that abomination.  I turns out it was so bad, that it was good.  I know a low bar indeed.