SiouxSports.com Forum

Is this real?

SlowHand

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

It's a statue on campus.  Prayers for all of you who will never walk by it in your lifetime

I think you're making fun of us who think this statue is horrendous, but I am not sure. Sarcasm font? ;)

In all seriousness, of course this silly statue won't affect me, nor my love for my alma mater one iota, but that doesn't mean it's not a horrendous statue lol.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

It doesn't bother me. I was never a Fighting Hawk as a student but every student on campus is. The football team has embraced the name let them enjoy their time as a hawk. What value is there to make the current players have to choose a side?  

Choose a side for what? Our name is our name - period. You may have not been speaking directly about/to me, but I am only commenting on how ugly AF that statute is. It's not good. 

10 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

It doesn't bother me. I was never a Fighting Hawk as a student but every student on campus is. The football team has embraced the name let them enjoy their time as a hawk. What value is there to make the current players have to choose a side?  

Ask Brad Berry

6 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Choose a side for what? Our name is our name - period. You may have not been speaking directly about/to me, but I am only commenting on how ugly AF that statute is. It's not good. 

If alumni are accosting players and students for wearing Fighting Hawks attire (which has been shared here) that is making them choose a side. If people here are alluding to vandalizing a statue of the current mascot that is making players choose a side. Sioux forever in my heart but accosting current students and student athletes for supporting what was handed to them is making them take sides. I'm not going to be angry about this for the rest of my life - I'm going to enjoy the game(s). 

• Upvote 1