SiouxSports.com Forum

Is this real?

SlowHand

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Pretty sure this is the picture that finished it.

Couple things here... first, whats up with the badger tee? They can't rubber wang our statues... only we can runber wang our statues! wth?

But moreover, nickname or no nickname, who thought this was a good idea at this stage of the game, how did they not expect this exact thing to happen? 

Just some really foolish planning and execution.

But to pull it already basically sounds the alarms of defeat.

I'd have just rode out the first wave of people plopping suction wangs and inappropriate photos and let the novelty wear off, antentions spans being what they are.......

Now every time its moved or placed its a novelty, a string to a cat so to say.

The even worse way to handle the situation was then to go running to the Heraldo..... its like a comedy of errors in planning, execution, and response, and most of all timing.

38 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Couple things here... first, whats up with the badger tee? They can't rubber wang our statues... only we can runber wang our statues! wth?

But moreover, nickname or no nickname, who thought this was a good idea at this stage of the game, how did they not expect this exact thing to happen? 

I'd have just rode out the first wave of people plopping suction wangs and inappropriate photos and let the novelty wear off, antentions spans being what they are.......

The even worse way to handle the situation was then to go running to the Heraldo..... its like a comedy of errors in planning, execution, and response, and most of all timing.

Who went running to the Heraldo? Curious sounds like you're totally in the know.

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Shoulda just left it up

2 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

You're correct. The Herald didn’t even do the story. 

I read the story in the Herald, I see now it was first a piece on WDAY. So the ..... running to the Heraldo was not correct, good correction. 

So who ran to the WDAY to publicize the garbled removal. 

Either way the entire thing was fumbled worse than Biden on a broken teleprompter. 

10 hours ago, FSSD said:

I was absolutely against the new nickname and the Steggie Mike statue.  But, given some of stuff that I have seen on social media.  I am starting to regain my faith in Gen Z students.  I kind of miss seeing that abomination.  I turns out it was so bad, that it was good.  I know a low bar indeed.

Exactly what I said....so cringe it was actually pretty based.

24 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I read the story in the Herald, I see now it was first a piece on WDAY. So the ..... running to the Heraldo was not correct, good correction. 

Either way the entire thing was fumbled worse than Biden on a broken teleprompter. 

Exactly.  That statue was like "blowing" $100,000 on Stormy Daniels.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Good question.  I’ll wait your enlightening. I don’t want to get in the way of a good story. 

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

When cancel culture inevitably comes after the Ralph and forces them to take down the Engelstad statue, they can just replace it with Salty Mike to great you as you walk in the front door!! :D

A joke now, but I'm saving this post till after UND takes over management.

I'd give this about a 99.7% chance of happening.