SiouxSports.com Forum

Is this real?

SlowHand

Who knows, maybe a new tradition will come from this.

Bentley Bust: The Story Behind a Curious Tradition | Dartmouth College

How clean Is Harvard's John Harvard statue? | Harvard Magazine

The luck of Testudo, UMd.'s mascot | wusa9.com

Maybe come finals week we will see UND students making their way to the Student Union to rub MIKE the HAWK for good luck.

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I would say the student body loves it already!

I'd agree.

FightingHawk.jpg

Hometown: Grand Forks, ND
Honorary Graduate From: Hawkademy
Major: Working on that M.D. (Mascot’s Degree)
Relationship status: Single, not looking, in love with University of North Dakota
Primary activities: Soaring, perching, hunting and, mostly, cheering on North Dakota!
Favorite food: Bison burgers, coyote chowder and jackrabbit jerky
Hangouts: North Dakota sidelines, stands, rafters (hawks are drawn to anywhere with a “bird’s eye” view) and loves spending time in the kid’s zone
Favorite pastimes: Giving high fives, dancing to our fight song and, of course, posing for pictures with fans
Study habits: Hits the books at Starcher Hall, regularly frequents IT department to replace missing computer mouse...
Most loved holiday: North Dakota homecoming and “Hawk”oween

Starting to think that this so bad that it could be good... lol

But I also think they should reviver thundar the bleacher creature for football games for on field entertainment with mike hawk at intermissions/commercial breaks, so that isnt saying much..

42 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

But I also think they should reviver thundar the bleacher creature for football games for on field entertainment with mike hawk at intermissions/commercial breaks, so that isnt saying much..

Salty Mike would roundhouse kick the Bleacher Creature back to the decade from whence he came.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

Thunder the Bleacher creature was horrendous. I did what I could when I was in the student senate to delay it by a couple years by convincing the Senate to deny any money for it. But they got it privately funded and not enough votes to prohibit it.....what an embarrassment that was to UND....right up there with the Scream Yellow campaign at NDSU

2 hours ago, petey23 said:

Thunder the Bleacher creature was horrendous. I did what I could when I was in the student senate to delay it by a couple years by convincing the Senate to deny any money for it. But they got it privately funded and not enough votes to prohibit it.....what an embarrassment that was to UND....right up there with the Scream Yellow campaign at NDSU

Just embrace it.  Things like that make life more interesting. 

• Upvote 1

The biggest disappointment is that there are leaders on this campus (somewhere in a closed meeting room) that thought this was a good idea and spent a great deal of time and money to create this statue, then within a week some other leader(s) made the decision to remove it. Just a bad reflection on all sides. It just shows that one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. Sounds like we need some investigative reporting. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

The biggest disappointment is that there are leaders on this campus (somewhere in a closed meeting room) that thought this was a good idea and spent a great deal of time and money to create this statue, then within a week some other leader(s) made the decision to remove it. Just a bad reflection on all sides. It just shows that one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. Sounds like we need some investigative reporting. 

what?????? they took it down?  who did it offend?