SiouxSports.com Forum

JMU Predictions

UND Fan

1 hour ago, FlinFlan80 said:

JMU 31 - UND 13

Until we win a big one on the road......I can't.

Same here.  Canady out will hurt in this one.  D line needs to be bigger/faster/stronger.  Missing speed WR.  We're about 3 difference makers short to hang.

Well, UND dominance on both sides of the ball...not as strong and we will need to work. Some quality runs and receptions... too much to ask for a couple key interceptions snd how can we beat that number if QB sacks from the last game....a win but maybe not pretty.

We beat sdsu, the number one seed and did that after getting off to a poor start. We easily beat another playoff team that is still in the mix.  Jmu has had a couple games this year where they did not look very good.

28 - 17 UND.

Tommy will throw for over 200 yards and after the game people will complain that he isn't a big enough running threat and that somehow makes us one-dimensional. Ndsu's quarterback will throw for 50 yards and their fan base will think he is the next coming of Trey Lance.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

not sure why people think that a REAL RPO threat with q and otis is a bad thing...kaulker could've hit maag and bo on those two throws last week....a running threat at qb could be a nightmare for DC's in this league...neither tommys arm or legs scare anyone...

tommy will have extend some drives with tight throws into coverage or break off a few 7 or 8 or 9 yard sneaks on third down...hope he makes them and i hope we win but a qb that won't / can't run is one less thing to worry about for those dc's

After watching JMU vs VMI and Richmond I think they may be over rated.  Good RBs but some holes in OL, QB is not super athletic, throws deep pretty well, but will fold when we get some pressure.  Defensively they have some holes and are small at LB.  

We get off to a good start and never look back.  35-13 UND.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

After watching JMU vs VMI and Richmond I think they may be over rated.  Good RBs but some holes in OL, QB is not super athletic, throws deep pretty well, but will fold when we get some pressure.  Defensively they have some holes and are small at LB.  

I like that get off to a good start and never look back

23 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I saw the LB are on the smaller size.

• Upvote 1

The highest ranked team they beat in this shortened season was Richmond at #15.  The 6-0 record looks good but the teams they beat would be extremely marginal in most of the FCS conferences.  We win 32-20 and if we don't, we played not to loose and it cost us.

• Upvote 1

I hope it doesn’t come down to us missing a short field goal or especially an extra point - we have put the anxiety back into easy

or we muff a punt reception 

or they block our punt

or we lose 15 yards on a trick play on offense to take us out of field goal range

or we run into their punter 

20 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I predict we will dominate from the get go.  Three methodical, non flashy drives along with stingy defense to open the game result in a 20-3 lead. (Gotta have a missed extra point in there.). 

Then, midway through the second quarter, some siouxsports fans will start questioning why we are not putting all of our backups in and going 5-wide, throwing 65 yard Hail Mary bombs.   Is Danny inept?  Does Tommy not have the arm to make risky, unnecessary throws?  And why isn’t Bubba insisting TOP doesn’t matter, or trying to run up the score like he always does?  

In the end, a disappointing 43-10 UND victory as we stumble and sputter into the semifinals. 

Good call. Very appropriate after reading this weeks posts, a couple times this joint reminded me of Bozovill.