SiouxSports.com Forum

JMU Predictions

UND Fan

34-10 JMU

This program is making strides, they've proven they are an excellent home team, I trust them on the road against mediocre to poor programs. The NDSU game was such a debacle that they don't seem ready for prime time on the road against the Top level of FCS. Prove me wrong.

• Downvote 1

Being on the road is an obvious concern for the fans. Guessing the staff and players don't feel that way.

UND's run defense will determine the outcome.

I also predict we see a bit more Quincy and also some rush yards from Tommy. I don't think it is a matter of him not being able to run, I think it was that he hasn't needed to (though it likely probably cost a handful of 1st down conversions through the season). He's a winner, if the opportunity presents itself, he'll pull it down and go.

2 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I predict we will dominate from the get go.  Three methodical, non flashy drives along with stingy defense to open the game result in a 20-3 lead. (Gotta have a missed extra point in there.). 

Then, midway through the second quarter, some siouxsports fans will start questioning why we are not putting all of our backups in and going 5-wide, throwing 65 yard Hail Mary bombs.   Is Danny inept?  Does Tommy not have the arm to make risky, unnecessary throws?  And why isn’t Bubba insisting TOP doesn’t matter, or trying to run up the score like he always does?  

In the end, a disappointing 43-10 UND victory as we stumble and sputter into the semifinals. 

wi3i7.jpg

7 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I hope it doesn’t come down to us missing a short field goal or especially an extra point - we have put the anxiety back into easy

or we muff a punt reception 

or they block our punt

or we lose 15 yards on a trick play on offense to take us out of field goal range

or we run into their punter 

don't be hatin' on kostitch...he's got this.

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Being on the road is an obvious concern for the fans. Guessing the staff and players don't feel that way.

UND's run defense will determine the outcome.

I also predict we see a bit more Quincy and also some rush yards from Tommy. I don't think it is a matter of him not being able to run, I think it was that he hasn't needed to (though it likely probably cost a handful of 1st down conversions through the season). He's a winner, if the opportunity presents itself, he'll pull it down and go.

last time i saw him run was against shsu and he looked good doing it....

1 hour ago, bulldogg said:

Thank you, Hawks fans for being civil and engaging, unlike the smelly Bisons over at Bizzzzzzzonville, a totally crude and abusive bunch who are no fun at all. Best of luck to you all and safe travels if you are heading to Virginia. 

Thanks bulldog 

I look forward to the game - wish I could go - I hear it’s a great experience 

much respect for your program. Very important game for our program 

take care

• Like 2

Thank you, Hawks fans for being civil and engaging, unlike the smelly Bisons over at Bizzzzzzzonville, a totally crude and abusive bunch who are no fun at all. Best of luck to you all and safe travels if you are heading to Virginia. 

You might enjoy this podcast.

You forgot to call them fat. 

16 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Good call. Very appropriate after reading this weeks posts, a couple times this joint reminded me of Bozovill.

Most years figuring out who will win in fcs playoffs is a crapshoot. This year more than most. Basically no interleague play.  

Won't be surprised if und wins or loses. Not sure anyone has much to go off out of conference this spring.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, bulldogg said:

I'm sure. The battle of 29!

Is there some old treaty that requires North Dakota to place its major colleges on the Minnesota border? 

When I graduated from college at JMU, I was  commissioned in the Army, and as luck would have it, I was assigned to the 25th Infantry Division in Hawaii for my first assignment. I chose to drive cross-country and ship my car from Oakland to Hawaii. My route took me through Sioux country.

It was late February and driving in a blizzard between Sioux City, Iowa and Sioux Falls, South Dakota (US 29), I was driving like everyone else - really slow with my right tires on the shoulder. 

One of my tires blows out. 

So, there I am on the side of the road, middle of the night, in a blizzard, no idea even where the spare tire is. After about a two-hour ordeal, I get the spare tire on and continue my trip west.

Anyway, that is my only experience in your neck-o-the-woods. Harsh country. I can see why it produces such tough and hardy people.

Good luck on Sunday. It is going to be epic and lots of fun! If you beat us, you deserve to move on, and vice versa.

One hell of a way to reach the warm weather of Hawaii. :D. Thank you for your service.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

You forgot to call them fat. 

And there seems to be well documented photographic evidence that the community does not have adequate indoor toilet facilities... people in jerseys using sidewalks

14 hours ago, Higgins said:

Bulldogg, you are making all kinds of points on this board. Come back anytime for a visit. Youre definitely welcome here. Too funny - Smelly Bison. 

I always put an s on the end of Bison just because it really ticks off the stinkies (my other name for the smelly Bisons).

Actually, I have met a bunch of NDSU fans in Frisco and truly enjoyed the company of every one I met. It is Bisonville where the uncool Bison fans hang out. Totally abusive to visitors.

But, I give as well as I take there. I recently posted this photo there - two Bison bulls doing the Fargo Fandango (I hope this isn't too crude for this board. If so, I apologize and will delete upon request.)....

bison bulls mating.jpg

• Upvote 4

UND has occasional big wins on the road such as at Laramie, but they've been too few and far between to predict a win today.

JMU 33, UND 23

Hope I'm wrong.