SiouxSports.com Forum

Missouri State vs UND 4/24/21 1st Round Playoff Game

SiouxFan100

I'm guessing the next round is at the home fields of the seeded teams since they all won.  The round after that (semi finals); are those games at bid sites if non seeded teams advance?   Do the bids get re-entered each round or do you get to know the opponent prior to submission?

Okay I just finished a 15 hour day to make the drive to the game and return home - my choice. I just have to say that we are fortunate that Bubba and his staff are able to bring such quality players to UND when the UND Athletic Department makes it so obvious that there is hockey at #1 and everything else. To me if felt like we were lucky that UND found an intern to turn the lights on at the Alerus because that is about as much effort as they put into this game. Now I realize that some of the lack of atmosphere will be blamed on spring ball and Covid, but my gosh:

No printed player roster - could they not have printed a thousand double sided sheets of paper with the player roster. Okay so they want us to go online to get it. Guess what the online roster was not updated for this game - the only one available was from over a month ago.

No band - yes I know it's spring ball and probably tough to get a student band together - but they couldn't get a couple dozen students for a pep band? Never got to a hockey game - was there a pep band for those home games? 

School song - Maybe they played a recorded version before the game and I didn't notice, but they definitely did not play it when the team came out at halftime (might have played it at the end of the game I had already hit the road). 

No inflated helmet - I will give them the benefit of the doubt that this might be an NCAA thing for playoffs but it could also be laziness.  

No mascot - again I'm sure they will blame it on the spring season, but they spent $50,000 on a costume and they can't find someone to wear it for an NCAA playoff game?

No player visuals for the team introduction: this is indefensible, during the pre-game player introductions they sat on a UND logo, no player pictures or names on the big screen - this just screams lazy to me. 

No senior recognition - I know there are several variables here, not sure who is coming back, usually done at the last regular season game, but come on - this will be the last time some of our seniors play on their home field - no one gave any thought to thanking them on the big screen? 

I realize players and their parents read here so I want them to know that there are many fans of the football team, but the athletic department really needs to step up their game for sports other than hockey - this is not something new, it has been pointed out for decades. 

• Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Okay I just finished a 15 hour day to make the drive to the game and return home - my choice. I just have to say that we are fortunate that Bubba and his staff are able to bring such quality players to UND when then UND Athletic Department makes it so obvious that there is hockey at #1 and everything else. To me if felt like we were lucky that UND found an intern to turn the lights on at the Alerus because that is about as much effort as they put into this game. Now I realize that some of the lack of atmosphere will be blamed on spring ball and Covid, but my gosh:

No printed player roster - could they not have printed a thousand double sided sheets of paper with the player roster. Okay so they want us to go online to get it. Guess what the online roster was not updated for this game - the only one available was from over a month ago.

No band - yes I know it's spring ball and probably tough to get a student band together - but they couldn't get a couple dozen students for a pep band? Never got to a hockey game - was there a pep band for those home games? 

School song - Maybe they played it before the game and I didn't notice, but they definitely did not play it when the team came out at halftime nor at the end of the game.

No inflated helmet - I will get them the benefit of the doubt that this might be an NCAA thing for playoffs but it could also be laziness.  

No mascot - again I'm sure they will blame it on the spring season, but they spent $50,000 on a costume and they can't find someone to wear it for an NCAA playoff game?

No player visuals for the team introduction: this is indefensible, during the pre-game player introductions they sat on a UND logo, no player pictures or names on the big screen - this just screams lazy to me. 

No senior recognition - I know there are several variables here, not sure who is coming back, usually done at the last regular season game, but come on - this will be the last time some of our seniors play on their home field - no one gave any thought to thanking them on the big screen? 

I realize players and their parents read here so I want them to know that there are many fans of the football team, but the athletic department really needs to step up their game for sports other than hockey - this is not something new, it has been pointed out for decades. 

so your saying it wasn't all hadju's fault?

Just now, hky said:

NCAA made the call on no band, cheerleaders, and I'm assuming mascot.  

I realize that some of the things missing were due to Covid - but I question that everything on my list falls into that category. 

17 minutes ago, tnt said:

Then why rant on about those things?

Read the thread please, at the time I listed them it had not been shared that the NCAA had restricted them. Pretty sure they did not restrict the playing of the school song, having a game day roster on the UND website or having player visuals on the big screen.