SiouxSports.com Forum

Missouri State vs UND 4/24/21 1st Round Playoff Game

SiouxFan100

9 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

We are up by 34 with a quarter to go and we have wr depth. Put Preston in, or chocryn, or anyone. 

what’s the reasoning for tommy to be playing right now?

It was the 3rd quarter with 3-4 minutes left and we got the ball on our own 4 yard line.  Not sure that was the place to do a wholesale change and pull all starters, even though the game was in hand.  Could he have have pulled starters other than Weah, perhaps.  But I don't think it was obvious to pull all starters and I'm not going to blame him.  

1 minute ago, Sioux94 said:

It was the 3rd quarter with 3-4 minutes left and we got the ball on our own 4 yard line.  Not sure that was the place to do a wholesale change and pull all starters, even though the game was in hand.  Could he have have pulled starters other than Weah, perhaps.  But I don't think it was obvious to pull all starters and I'm not going to blame him.  

I don’t blame him so much on belquist but let’s get Quincy some experience. Never know when you will need it.

Just now, siouxfan512 said:

I don’t blame him so much on belquist but let’s get Quincy some experience. Never know when you will need it.

Yeah I think they should have put Quincy in starting now on that last drive.  Put the backups in and open up the playbook and get them some experience, let the backups run the full offense. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Hope Quincy doesn’t enter the portal after this. I’d be pissed, there have been multiple games this year where he should have gotten some real game time experience. I just don’t get.

Yeah, he's not even getting a chance.  He should be in there now. 

7 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Hope Quincy doesn’t enter the portal after this. I’d be pissed, there have been multiple games this year where he should have gotten some real game time experience. I just don’t get.

He’ll probably transfer to the Ag college and be drafted in 2 years and we will still be throwing 5 yard passes.

ill take heat for this but in the last 2 games Tommy has completed one tough throw and  is not a threat to run