SiouxSports.com Forum

Missouri State vs UND 4/24/21 1st Round Playoff Game

SiouxFan100

1 minute ago, CMSioux said:

Read the thread please, at the time I listed them it had not been shared that the NCAA had restricted them. Pretty sure they did not restrict the playing of the school song or the visuals on the big screen. 

Yes they did. 

7 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Read the thread please, at the time I listed them it had not been shared that the NCAA had restricted them. Pretty sure they did not restrict the playing of the school song or the visuals on the big screen. 

I was at the game. A recording was played of the school songs of both schools. 

15 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

You said you realized some were missing due to Covid.

16 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

I was at the game. A recording was played of the school songs of both schools. 

Correct at the beginning of the game they played them both - perhaps NCAA restricts the playing of the school song, but go watch the highlights of SU VS EW - between the PA announcer screaming "That's another ...." (can't force myself to type it all), and the cannons going off that definitely did not sound like a neutral game site. 

2 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Correct at the beginning of the game they played them both - perhaps NCAA restricts the playing of the school song, but go watch the highlights of SU VS EW - between the PA announcer screaming "That's another ...." (can't force myself to type it all), and the cannons going off that definitely did not sound like a neutral game site. 

Yes and the Alerus PA guy was urging us to make some noise on third downs and there were fireworks for us too. Bottom line as we’ve been saying your gripes are for NCAA directed things not UND Athletics. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Dustin said:

did Zavalney play today?  I don’t remember hearing his name on the broadcast. 

4 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

happened to Santiago once too and he was back the following week. Sooooo a chance maybe?

doubtful I know.

Crutches and a boot signal high ankle sprain to me. Even if it is just a sprain and he didn’t tear the ligament his ankle is going to be the size of a melon. If he did tear the ligament he will need to be on crutches and boot for 3 months. May have also broke his leg bone too but that heals faster than the ligament. I just hope he can get a few months of physical therapy and be able to play this fall at some time.

11 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Crutches and a boot signal high ankle sprain to me. Even if it is just a sprain and he didn’t tear the ligament his ankle is going to be the size of a melon. If he did tear the ligament he will need to be on crutches and boot for 3 months. May have also broke his leg bone too but that heals faster than the ligament. I just hope he can get a few months of physical therapy and be able to play this fall at some time.

Not exactly. 

10 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Watching his ankle bend sideways also screams high ankle sprain. Either way I don’t think we will see him the rest of the spring. Next man up!

I didn’t see the replay so I don’t know that I could comment on severity nor the prognosis. I don’t believe one can diagnose “high ankle sprain” without getting the mechanism of injury from the injured athlete and doing an exam. You may be right but not sure that we can conclude anything yet. My “not exactly” comment was based on the inaccurate conclusion that crutches and a boot mean “high ankle sprain “. It seems you thought there was a difference between a sprain and torn ligaments. A sprain is stretched or torn ligaments. The severity is based on which ligament or ligaments and how badly torn. 

1 hour ago, iramurphy said:

I didn’t see the replay so I don’t know that I could comment on severity nor the prognosis. I don’t believe one can diagnose “high ankle sprain” without getting the mechanism of injury from the injured athlete and doing an exam. You may be right but not sure that we can conclude anything yet. My “not exactly” comment was based on the inaccurate conclusion that crutches and a boot mean “high ankle sprain “. It seems you thought there was a difference between a sprain and torn ligaments. A sprain is stretched or torn ligaments. The severity is based on which ligament or ligaments and how badly torn. 

Watching it live my gut said either broken fibula or high ankle sprain. Just based on the way the player ended and how he was tackled. Obviously we'll see next week.

9 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

didn't see the game....numbers looked good but some posters were saying he looked average at best today?

Because there’s some people on this board hypnotized by Quincy. I do wish Quincy would have came in earlier but Tommy played a fine game today. Did what was asked of him. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Because there’s some people on this board hypnotized by Quincy. I do wish Quincy would have came in earlier but Tommy played a fine game today. Did what was asked of him. 

And when James Madison comes out with 10 guys within 5 yards of LOS(like NDSU) and our defense can't manhandle the other team, what do we do then?  Lose 34-13?

Once MSU adjusted the offense was almost non-existent for the last 3 qtrs.  

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

anyone else think Mitchell’s garbage time TD was reminiscent of weah’s TD from a few years ago? The kid has speed and talent, he will do really well here. I expect a much heavier dose next season.

Yes, Mitchell should very nice in Gee's spot in the rotation.

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

And when James Madison comes out with 10 guys within 5 yards of LOS(like NDSU) and our defense can't manhandle the other team, what do we do then?  Lose 34-13?

Once MSU adjusted the offense was almost non-existent for the last 3 qtrs.  

Did we attempt to go over the top after the game was out of hand? Have we ever attempted to go over the top with the game out of hand? Bubba doesn't like to run up scores. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Did we attempt to go over the top after the game was out of hand? Have we ever attempted to go over the top with the game out of hand? Bubba doesn't like to run up scores. 

Look at the drive chart.  After 1st qtr it’s pathetic.  It’s why the offense other than Otis long run struggled in Fargo.

If a defense is skilled enough to go man to man and our defense can’t control the game we will be in trouble.

Don’t  get me wrong, Tommy is a winner and a great game manager.  This edition of the Hawks is close to a natty. Multi dimensional  QB could be the difference.