SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 Transfer portal extravaganza

SiouxFanatic

On 4/6/2021 at 10:54 PM, siouxforce19 said:

No, there has not. Neither of these are confirmed from what I can tell. And CHN doesn’t show where the info comes from so I’m going to wait until either the player confirms it or something more reputable than a chart on a website. 

From now on all players must contact siouxforce19 before their transfer is considered official. 

• Upvote 2

Zach Driscoll committed to UND. I may be wrong, but I think that puts the final nail in the coffin for Thome returning. I wish him the best of luck either way.

Part of me wonders if Driscoll would have committed to us if Thome just stayed for a 5th year from the start. 

3 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Cruikshank is no longer listed as going to BC on CHN.

If we could get him to replace Blaisdell that would be awesome. He has two years of eligibility left too. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

Zach Driscoll committed to UND. I may be wrong, but I think that puts the final nail in the coffin for Thome returning. I wish him the best of luck either way.

Part of me wonders if Driscoll would have committed to us if Thome just stayed for a 5th year from the start. 

I doubt UND would have offered if Thome had stayed.

1 minute ago, crb1 said:

I don’t know if it’s just coincidence if Blaisdell hitting the portal and now Cruikshank appears to not be going to BC. But it all seems pretty interesting.

I'd think there would have been room for Blaisdell even if Cruikshank came as well, but who knows what is going on behind the scenes with all these portal moves.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 06 Sioux said:

I got a bad feeling he'll go to UMD.

Could be he is waiting for their season to end, but who knows, Gilling didn’t wait. It would be great to have Cruikshank.  Hopefully a destination game like Nashville and hopefully playing in front of a full house again at home helps tip the scales in our favor.

4 hours ago, crb1 said:

Either way UND will be fine. UMDs time is running out, they will come back down to earth. They all do. 

The devil has come to collect on Sandy and UMD. The luck has finally run out. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

A former NCAA players' perspective on the transfer portal. For those that say "a player should be loyal" it can go both ways with coaches/players.

Regardless, the players on scholarship are getting something else for their efforts. If they don’t break into a lineup because of competitive lack of skill or effort, that is not on the coach. We’ve all seen the prima Donna bs. And, as fans, we deserve the continuity of team development and payment for OUR loyalty.

At this rate, the coaches almost need to wait and see who hits the portal next before committing on someone, someone who might fit better could just be around the corner.

Crazy, this transfer portal is.