SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 Transfer portal extravaganza

SiouxFanatic

Anyone know what backdoor communicates are happening with players on other teams?  I wonder how much recruiting is going on.   Can coaches take a call from a player who is interested in joining another program but hasn't yet entered the portal?

As someone mentioned, do you pick a few mid-level guys or wait to see if some highly touted guys jump ship from their current team. 

3 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

And he left with a lot of class.  Couldn't say enough good things about our program and his time at UND.

Yeah, Thome left the right way and I guarantee if UND ever has to play St. Thomas, which won't happen next year, Thome wouldn't be that guy from down south acting like a fool against his former team.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Walsh Hall said:

Anyone know what backdoor communicates are happening with players on other teams?  I wonder how much recruiting is going on.   Can coaches take a call from a player who is interested in joining another program but hasn't yet entered the portal?

I'm guessing there's a fine line between taking a call and tampering.

And all the moreso in a world with a one-time transfer (no sit out year). 

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2018DIGOV_QA_ProposalNo2017_108_06_27_20180627.pdf