SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 Transfer portal extravaganza

SiouxFanatic

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2021/04/02_Into-the-Great-Wild-Portal.php

As of Thursday morning, there were more than 255 players in the NCAA transfer portal. That's almost 15 percent of all college hockey players.

Yowzers.

And remember, the fifth year of eligibility doesn't just apply to this year's seniors. It applies to every player who played this season, so the ripple effects will be felt for the next four offseasons.

I wouldn't mind a player like Gaber sticking around for 5 years.  :) 

4 hours ago, brianvf said:

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2021/04/02_Into-the-Great-Wild-Portal.php

Yowzers.

I wouldn't mind a player like Gaber sticking around for 5 years.  :) 

I love so much about Gaber.  One:  his talent, which one could argue is at a more advanced state than Caggiula was in his first year.   He husltes like Trupp and Spirko.   And he's from a tiny town up north with under 800 people. His preteen hockey experience must have been similar to those kids who grew up in those tiny wheat towns just north of the ND border.   He may have played in a wood  rink in his early years. 

This isn't 40 years ago, so he probably played on a traveling team when it became evident his talent separated him from others.  But I like what I imagine his roots to be, and his talent is significant.  During some its down years, UND had very good players who worked hard but had few snipers.   Gaber brings that and more, IMO.  If he is highly coachable and matures well, on and off the ice, we could be in for a treat that we didn't expect when he first arrived in GF. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, burd said:

I love so much about Gaber.  One:  his talent, which one could argue is at a more advanced state than Caggiula was in his first year.   He husltes like Trupp and Spirko.   And he's from a tiny town up north with under 800 people. His preteen hockey experience must have been similar to those kids who grew up in those tiny wheat towns just north of the ND border.   He may have played in a wood  rink in his early years. 

This isn't 40 years ago, so he probably played on a traveling team when it became evident his talent separated him from others.  But I like what I imagine his roots to be, and his talent is significant.  During some its down years, UND had very good players who worked hard but had few snipers.   Gaber brings that and more, IMO.  If he is highly coachable and matures well, on and off the ice, we could be in for a treat that we didn't expect when he first arrived in GF. 

A little Gaber history:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/6890790-How-things-have-come-full-circle-for-UND-hockeys-Bryn-Chyzyk-and-Riese-Gaber

9 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Looks like BC is going head first into the portal. G Eric Dop and Grant Cruikshank rumored to be heading to BC. I am surprised Cruikshank wants to play in Hockey East. Step down for sure. 

Cruikshank just tweeted that he is undecided :lol:

1 hour ago, iluvdebbies said:

Cain is our third option:

1. Playing with a 6th attacker

2. Wilbur

Good luck with Wilbur.  I hear he has a lot of offers and will no doubt have a list of demands. like beer at his locker between periods, a never-weigh-me clause, and comp pizza at the Moon. 

• Upvote 2