SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 Transfer portal extravaganza

SiouxFanatic

Hear from AIC Head Coach Eric Lang on the transfer rule, with some context on AIC's incoming transfers. There is one third party Lang is concerned about, and its not other teams. https://seamoresports.com/2021/04/19/aic-hockey-head-coach-eric-lang-on-the-one-time-transfer-rule-adapt-or-get-run-over/ As always, feedback welcome (will post this in AHA thread as its relevant to AIC). 

11 hours ago, MDtoGF said:

Hear from AIC Head Coach Eric Lang on the transfer rule, with some context on AIC's incoming transfers. There is one third party Lang is concerned about, and its not other teams. https://seamoresports.com/2021/04/19/aic-hockey-head-coach-eric-lang-on-the-one-time-transfer-rule-adapt-or-get-run-over/ As always, feedback welcome (will post this in AHA thread as its relevant to AIC). 

I would require any school where student transfers to reimburse the former school the cost of the scholarship. Exceptions would be grad transfer or if schools give the player a release. I would do it for all sports. 

9 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Curious where Blaisdell will land. Omaha has a reputation for feasting on our scraps, with varying success. On the other hand, he could go to St Thomas/Bemidji/etc and be the man in all situations. 

Omaha could use a player like him. Good skater with some sauce. Corner man. Probably a better center than anything they have and he couldn't center for the Hawks. Will be interesting to see where he ends up...

When Cruikshank was in the portal and rumored to BC, which he quashed on Twitter, I scrolled his Twitter timeline. There are no fewer than three Jackson LaCombe highlights in there. That was my clue where he may be heading but I held out hope. When Schlossman started talking up other forwards it was the final clue. 

19 hours ago, brianvf said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/6992247-The-Daily-Skate-Top-players-in-portal-begin-to-thin-out?fbclid=IwAR1-4_wu_Jyt4coFUpmQDjBxN6iVSBfleyMI_YECElU-6u5jQ0pRDkRinCg

Schloss lists the best remaining forward options for UND should they go back to the portal for another forward.
Calder from LSSU is at the top of his list.

Cough.....get a goalie.....cough.....goalie.....

On 4/20/2021 at 2:08 PM, brianvf said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/6992247-The-Daily-Skate-Top-players-in-portal-begin-to-thin-out?fbclid=IwAR1-4_wu_Jyt4coFUpmQDjBxN6iVSBfleyMI_YECElU-6u5jQ0pRDkRinCg

Schloss lists the best remaining forward options for UND should they go back to the portal for another forward.
Calder from LSSU is at the top of his list.

Well...good news about Calder then!

14 minutes ago, Goon said:

He’s not going anywhere. If he did it wouldn’t be here. I don’t want my sister mad at me. :) 

I heard a rumor Brink was thinking about transferring to team Trainwreck of the South Suburban Adult Hockey League. Any truth to those rumors? 

Few transfer updates today from Schloss:

Union F Jack Adams to Notre Dame
Lowell D Chase Blackmun to Notre Dame
Northeastern F Neil Shea to Sacred Heart
WMU F Brett Van Os to portal
LSSU F Hampus Eriksson
to portal

Couple nice pickups for Notre Dame...Adams has yet to show any consistency, but could find his own eventually.  Blackmun is skilled though.
LSSU has been hammered by players entering the portal after their trip to the NCAA's this season.  I have a feeling this transfer portal (although it will be less crazy in future years) is going to be very tough on "smaller" schools, as players will want to cash in on good seasons and make the move to a "big" school like UND, UMN, UM, DU, BC, etc. 

25 minutes ago, brianvf said:

LSSU F Hampus Eriksson
to portal

Couple nice pickups for Notre Dame...Adams has yet to show any consistency, but could find his own eventually.  Blackmun is skilled though.
LSSU has been hammered by players entering the portal after their trip to the NCAA's this season.  I have a feeling this transfer portal (although it will be less crazy in future years) is going to be very tough on "smaller" schools, as players will want to cash in on good seasons and make the move to a "big" school like UND, UMN, UM, DU, BC, etc. 

LSSU’s transfer portal losses were all seniors except for Calder and according to someone on Twitter, apparently LSSU doesn’t offer master’s degrees so I imagine that has something to do with it. 

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

LSSU F Hampus Eriksson
to portal

Unfortunate, this will lessen the sport as a whole and provide little entertainment. This was what I feared early on and it looks like it is coming true to some degree...

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Unfortunate, this will lessen the sport as a whole and provide little entertainment. This was what I feared early on and it looks like it is coming true to some degree...

Brad Berry after winning a third straight Penrose next year with help from portal transfers:  "are you not entertained?!?"

;) :D

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, brianvf said:

LSSU F Hampus Eriksson
to portal

Just hope it doesn’t get to the point where the stud players play up the process and make a media event out of it by picking one hat from a list of suitors.

14 hours ago, brianvf said:

Brad Berry after winning a third straight Penrose next year with help from portal transfers:  "are you not entertained?!?"

;) :D

If you sole goal in life are one sided games an imbalance in the skills, the I guess you’ll get that massive self esteem boost by watching someone else do what you wish you could. Some of us love the game, the competition, the joy of excellence, some don’t...

• Downvote 1