SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 Transfer portal extravaganza

SiouxFanatic

I see a "Fantasy League" forming out of the transfer portal this offseason.

Something like ...

• Pick up 15F, 8D, 3G off the portal by August 15.
  • That's your team: 2021-22 Portal Porters (... or Durflinger Staches?) 
  • Any points those guys make for their college teams in 2021-22 are your points.*

Might have to toss in a "must be on new team from 2020-21 season" rule. Thoughts? 

*Not sure how to handle goalie stats. 

16 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

This could be good or bad. Good, meaning he won't play because Scheel stays, bad because He wants a new start and Scheel could be gone as well.

Yeah worst case scenario would be Scheel signs and Thome goes elsewhere in the portal.
It seems the article implies that if Scheel signs that Thome would stay and be the starter.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

It was Lou Bega, who gave us the unforgettable Mambo No. 5.

Although, one could be forgiven for thinking of Suzanne Vega, but she's probably a two-hit wonder...Luka and Tom's Diner.

:) 

I know he got hung out to dry a bunch and played behind Ludvig the great, but I think Ben Kraws would be a great project goaltender for Karl regardless of Scheel coming back.  Great athleticism and great lateral movement.  

29 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I know he got hung out to dry a bunch and played behind Ludvig the great, but I think Ben Kraws would be a great project goaltender for Karl regardless of Scheel coming back.  Great athleticism and great lateral movement.  

I'd take Moe over him

If only Bussi would like to leave CC :whistling:

8 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Yeah that one.

His numbers would tell someone who’s not familiar with him or CC hockey a different story but watching him as much as I did this season, he really seems to have the fundamentals. That, and he appears to be a calming presence out there. Certainly much better positioning and fundamentals than Vernon. 

17 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

His numbers would tell someone who’s not familiar with him or CC hockey a different story but watching him as much as I did this season, he really seems to have the fundamentals. That, and he appears to be a calming presence out there. Certainly much better positioning and fundamentals than Vernon. 

Vernon was recruited by UND

23 hours ago, brianvf said:

From Schloss:

Another big name enters the NCAA transfer portal: Bowling Green senior captain Connor Ford (28 points this season, 114 in his career). BGSU in portal: Ford, senior F Max Johnson, senior G Eric Dop, senior D Justin Wells, senior D Carson Musser, jr D Tim Theocharidis.

Ford has already committed to an NCHC school.

I feel like half of these guys have things lined up before it becomes public.