SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC postseason.....UND vs. SCSU....The Ship

Wilbur

UND playing for their first NCHC tournament championship.  Berry has made a point around the team to remind them that they haven't ever won this trophy.  Lets be honest here, the trophy needs a name.  Penrose works for the regular season, but they've got to get something catchy like Don Adams award or something.  Adams cup.  I dunno.  Or we could have CC steal the Broadmoor back.  @Godsmack, this one is on you.  

Alright, SCSU.  The way the d core played last night has me scared.  Denver didn't play in our end a ton, but when they did our d men weren't crisp at all.  Coop looked like a Freshman, but he is so he gets a bye on that one.  Bast didn't have his best game, and he nearly got the 2nd assist on the Denver chance that he put directly on Brink's tape.  Also tried earlier in the game to take Brink's parenthood away, which I thought would be reviewed and a five, but wasn't.  I thought Kiersted was solid, but he's always solid.    

Alright, who won't be playing tonight.....my guesses.....Senden (why God?), Mismash, JBD.  Not sure why Budy wasn't in the lineup, maybe tonight.  

As far as the lineup goes 22-18-29 dominated when put together....However you've got two of your main centers on that line.....sigh.  

If it was me......with the knowledge that Budy is in the dog house or hurt, and no Senden or Mismash.

22-18-29
17-14-28
10-27-21
8-11-13

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

UND playing for their first NCHC tournament championship.  Berry has made a point around the team to remind them that they haven't ever won this trophy.  Lets be honest here, the trophy needs a name.  Penrose works for the regular season, but they've got to get something catchy like Don Adams award or something.  Adams cup.  I dunno.  Or we could have CC steal the Broadmoor back.  @Godsmack, this one is on you.  

Alright, SCSU.  The way the d core played last night has me scared.  Denver didn't play in our end a ton, but when they did our d men weren't crisp at all.  Coop looked like a Freshman, but he is so he gets a bye on that one.  Bast didn't have his best game, and he nearly got the 2nd assist on the Denver chance that he put directly on Brink's tape.  Also tried earlier in the game to take Brink's parenthood away, which I thought would be reviewed and a five, but wasn't.  I thought Kiersted was solid, but he's always solid.    

Alright, who won't be playing tonight.....my guesses.....Senden (why God?), Mismash, JBD.  Not sure why Budy wasn't in the lineup, maybe tonight.  

As far as the lineup goes 22-18-29 dominated when put together....However you've got two of your main centers on that line.....sigh.  

If it was me......with the knowledge that Budy is in the dog house or hurt, and no Senden or Mismash.

22-18-29
17-14-28
10-27-21
8-11-13

What's the saying, 'there's no freshmen in the 2nd half of the season'?

I hope we look sharper tonight. 4 and 2 made me nervous all night but 4 did make some good rushes up the ice when most others couldn't seem to. All I could keep thinking about as the clock was ticking down was how long of a 12 days it may be if the 1-0 score held. 

Also, please no more injuries. We need JBD and Mash to make an NCAA run.

One of those games was played in the brand-new Xcel Energy Arena in St Paul.   Memorable for me because, with 6 minutes left and UND down by three goals, my daughter, age 7, looks over and says "I think we will win.  We have Panzer."

Soon after UND, with a comeback for the ages, got 3 goals to force overtime.  St Cloud won (by interfering with the goalie, but hey I'll get over that someday).

Don't ever stop believing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

One of those games was played in the brand-new Xcel Energy Arena in St Paul.   Memorable for me because, with 6 minutes left and UND down by three goals, my daughter, age 7, looks over and says "I think we will win.  We have Panzer."

Soon after UND, with a comeback for the ages, got 3 goals to force overtime.  St Cloud won (by interfering with the goalie, but hey I'll get over that someday).

Don't ever stop believing. 

The SCSU guy running over Kollar would be assessed a five minute major and a game for that hit in the present NCHC. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Radio pregame Hennessy said Budy was "healthy scratch" which "surprised" him because "he played well vs Miami."

GF Herald said it was “both” a coach’s decision and health reasons. Wasn’t feeling well, Berry didn’t think he could be as useful if not at full strength. 

53 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Wow. Did that bring back some memories, thanks for posting.

A couple things to note as I watched this.

1. Players today are so much faster now, all around.

2. They sure got away with a lot more in those times

3. Hak and Berry look like kids.

4. Doug and Frank are homers. RIP Doug

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, crb1 said:

5. Goalies were little.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Brought back memories for binging these videos when the pandemic started and UND's season was cancelled last year. 

Jeez, Blackheart, you jumped on that memory fast.  

This one time, I was down by two against my buddy John with about 90 seconds left on the kitchen wind-up timer when my center took three feeds in a row from the right winger and slammed them home to win the Stiga Championship of All Time.   We all went nuts, and John left and took his game with him. 

You must have something. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, burd said:

Jeez, Blackheart, you jumped on that memory fast.  

This one time, I was down by two against my buddy John with about 90 seconds left on the kitchen wind-up timer when my center took three feeds in a row from the right winger and slammed them home to win the Stiga Championship of All Time.   We all went nuts, and John left and took his game with him. 

You must have something. 

Blackheart is busy, but, this should suffice...

(133) Dean Blais battles Doug Woog in a game of Bubble Hockey - YouTube