SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC postseason.....UND vs. SCSU....The Ship

Wilbur

1 minute ago, crb1 said:

I have noticed the last handful of games that we have had trouble getting the puck out of our own end. Bad chips or not clearing it out of the zone have really come back to bite us. 

It's chips for no reason, handle the puck and take a hit instead of a useless chip

1 minute ago, Username Taken said:

I know it’s obvious but JBD needs to come back so Frisch can carry that 3rd pairing. Frisch is so underrated. 

If JBD can't go for the regional, I'm not sure how far we'll go.
We'll need him back for our best chance at hanging a banner.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

If JBD can't go for the regional, I'm not sure how far we'll go.
We'll need him back for our best chance at hanging a banner.

I think if that's the way they have to play at the regional they'll just roll four and spot Bast and Coop with Kiersted and Frisch at times. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I feel like Gaber has more "flash" to him game than Duncan.  Whereas Duncan was just lethal with his wrister, especially from his spot.

I think you're right.   But they are both snipers who are vulnerable to being physically taken off the puck.   Not saying Gaber is at all soft--he's not.   Gaber could delilver goals like Duncan if he has a Toewes to put the puck on his stick.   Pinto can, but there's a good chance he wont be around next year.