SiouxSports.com Forum

Hawks @ Leathernecks

Midwestern Hawk

I guess another school of thought might be to let him have some live game action before the SU game, and just use him very basically. Not show any cards, so to speak. We should win definitely without showing too many wrinkles of the playbook. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Gotta hold Brock out of this game too even if he would be able to play, right?

No. You need everyone who is healthy to play. The only game to focus on is West Ill.  Any player who has been out for weeks needs reps to get timing back and adjusting to speed of game and getting hit. Brock is a veteran so he will hopefully be fine from the first snap. Future opponents are well aware of his ability and versatility. Whatever wrinkles used game to game won’t be less effective because he plays Saturday. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, zonadub said:

You don’t think NDSU has tapes from the last couple seasons?

Yes, but I don’t expect a team to run the same plays season after season. I’m sure Danny has some new stuff ready for when Brock plays again. 

16 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Then don’t run that “new stuff” Saturday. He’s healthy, he plays. If he’s healthy he will be pissed if he doesn’t play and he should be. You don’t worry about next opponent until after Western Illinois. That’s how you get beat. Only focus right now is on ourselves and Western Illinois. 

Basically what I said on my second school of thought earlier. 

28 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I guess my thought process was if he was say 75% but could go if needed why rush him back? I mean I have no clue where he is actually at but what everyone else has said makes sense too. 

That would be different. I would not play him at 75%. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This cannot be a close game. UND needs to get rolling from the first drive and never look back. I'm sure we will be able to get the run game going, but we need to start connecting on some of those deep passes that we have missed. Get the W, and build the momentum going into Fargo.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

This cannot be a close game. UND needs to get rolling from the first drive and never look back. I'm sure we will be able to get the run game going, but we need to start connecting on some of those deep passes that we have missed. Get the W, and build the momentum going into Fargo.

This right here ^^^. We all know from experience that a win is not a win in the FCS. Actually a quality lose is better then a win it has seemed at times. UND needs to come out and crush this team and show that they can do it. Don't play conservative bubba ball. Play lets kick the living sh*$ out of WIU ball!!!!!

• Upvote 1

This defense is soft.  Pound the football down their throats.  Against SDSU: 350 on the ground,  7.9 YPA on the ground,  an 80 yard TD by a QB,  531 yards of total offense....

I get they weren't playing the little sisters of the poor, and the Jacks are a top five team in the country, but those stats will get a defensive coordinator fired.

Offensively WIU was 2-15 on third down.....RUDY RUDY RUDY!!!!!!! 

24 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

This defense is soft.  Pound the football down their throats.  Against SDSU: 350 on the ground,  7.9 YPA on the ground,  an 80 yard TD by a QB,  531 yards of total offense....

I get they weren't playing the little sisters of the poor, and the Jacks are a top five team in the country, but those stats will get a defensive coordinator fired.

Offensively WIU was 2-15 on third down.....RUDY RUDY RUDY!!!!!!! 

Hell, Rudy could brush off his resume for that offense.  He might get hired.

10 hours ago, FSSD said:

I will take any win on the road - by 1 point is fine with me.

Previous years I would have said this, not this year.  The expectation should be to beat them handily, not saying players should think that.  I'm hoping this is the game Quincy gets in the game in the 3rd or 4th quarter.  Yep I'm going to be greedy, we've pissed around too many years......I want to dominate these guys. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, FSSD said:

I will take any win on the road - by 1 point is fine with me.

That should be how it is right, but it just isn't in college football. Like I said before a quality loss against a good team is better then a close game to a bad team. Don't know why that is but that's how its been for years. You have a committee that's trying to decide who gets in the playoffs based on their opinions (and some facts) you're better off making sure your team isn't in that group. Losing to Idaho state and lesser teams has put UND in that position in the past. Beating WIU by 30 plus points won't.