SiouxSports.com Forum

Hawks @ Leathernecks

Midwestern Hawk

19 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I know Paulson got banged up but wasn't aware of anyone else.

Tom Miller said Paulson was the only one that was injured in the game. Went to locker room and came back in street clothes. so must be just little minor ones for Bo and Ottis.

OMG when I watched part of the game this past weekend, I was traveling and watched on my phone muted ... Just starting to rewatch now, and the commentary is even worse than I expected based on the comments here. Are there no standards to this stuff? This is like the "boom goes the dynamite" level of crap.

30 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

OMG when I watched part of the game this past weekend, I was traveling and watched on my phone muted ... Just starting to rewatch now, and the commentary is even worse than I expected based on the comments here. Are there no standards to this stuff? This is like the "boom goes the dynamite" level of crap.

I finally had to watch the game delayed so it would be in sync with Jack Michaels and the radio broadcast.  The WIU broadcast was painful to listen to.  No idea how a "broadcast school" would let that product out.

Just now, Midwestern Hawk said:

I finally had to watch the game delayed so it would be in sync with Jack Michaels and the radio broadcast.  It was painful to listen to.  No idea how a "broadcast school" would let that product out.

These kids may want to look at a different career path. It is like these two went on to Wikipedia to learn about football before immediate going on air to do PxP and color commentary. This is just absurd. It reminds me of the Big Bang Theory episode where Leonard learns about football rules so he can try to watch a game with Penny and her friends, then spews out the rules word for word. Wasn't there a radio simulcast they could have used?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I finally had to watch the game delayed so it would be in sync with Jack Michaels and the radio broadcast.  It was painful to listen to.  No idea how a "broadcast school" would let that product out.

I saw those two students come up during the game intros and immediately turned on Jack Michaels and synced it up with the ESPN+ stream. I knew I wouldn't be able to get through the game listening to that the entire time. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

I saw those two students come up during the game intros and immediately turned on Jack Michaels and synced it up with the ESPN+ stream. I knew I wouldn't be able to get through the game listening to that the entire time. 

I should have done that! Although, it was kind of entertaining because they were so bad.