SiouxSports.com Forum

Hawks @ Leathernecks

Midwestern Hawk

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

So, how small of a margin of victory will feel like a loss?  I'd say that I'm good with any victory that isn't determined in the last few plays of the game.

For me, if the outcome is in doubt in the 4th quarter it will feel like a loss.

The score will take care of itself if UND plays to its potential and is a focused football team. What does that mean? Only stat lines I am looking at will be penalties/penalty yards and turnovers. If UND can grow up (compared to previous road record) and play disciplined football (no turnovers, minimal to no penalties), then I will be happy. Of course, UND will also win the game if that happens. 

If UND is to end up where we want them to go, they need to keep growing and be a disciplined football team on the road. 

• Upvote 4

I watched Bubba's press conference, and one of the factors was playing in front of a limited crowd, and needing to bring the energy. I think especially with a team UND should beat handily, it's important to have that energy from the opening kickoff and not let an inferior opponent hang around 

55 minutes ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

I watched Bubba's press conference, and one of the factors was playing in front of a limited crowd, and needing to bring the energy. I think especially with a team UND should beat handily, it's important to have that energy from the opening kickoff and not let an inferior opponent hang around 

This could be a factor in our previous road struggles, do we really need energy from the crowd? Need to play well on the road, these 3 consecutive road games will be a big test for our team. One game at a time.

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

So, how small of a margin of victory will feel like a loss?  I'd say that I'm good with any victory that isn't determined in the last few plays of the game.

James Madison was behind most of the game last Saturday and then won, they were in 1st place. Apparently they don't have the UNI Mojo.

25 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Had a friend remind me of that time we were 7-4 and rolling at the end of the year, and the committee took 6-5 Western Illinois instead of us.....

Winning by 20 plus Saturday would help.....   

Yes, someone on this board reminded the members here of that as well.

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

Yes, someone on this board reminded the members here of that as well.

Yes, I remember the game..  Studsrud went down in the 3rd Q during the ISU game when UND was leading 31-15 and ISU come back to win in the 4th.  UND lost the next two games without Studsrud but came back for the MSU game and UND finished out the season on a 3 game winning streak.  The last game against Poly was supposed to be a play in game because Poly had 7 wins.  UND destroyed them on the road.  The next morning we find out a 7-4 team with a FBS win lost out to a 6-5 WIU.  How, I will never understand..  After that season, I don't like any school with initials ISU and I also want to beat WIU because they have blackmail material on the playoff committee.

at Wyoming Cowboys  W 24-13
DRAKE  W 21-18
at #2 North Dakota State  L  9-34
UC DAVIS  W 31-24
at #16 Portland State  W 19-17
IDAHO STATE  L  31-37
at Weber State  L  24-25
at #19 Montana  L  16-42
#19 MONTANA STATE  W 44-38
NORTHERN COLORADO  W 45-14
at Cal Poly  W 45-21

36 minutes ago, FSSD said:

Yes, I remember the game..  Studsrud went down in the 3rd Q during the ISU game when UND was leading 31-15 and ISU come back to win in the 4th.  UND lost the next two games without Studsrud but came back for the MSU game and UND finished out the season on a 3 game winning streak.  The last game against Poly was supposed to be a play in game because Poly had 7 wins.  UND destroyed them on the road.  The next morning we find out a 7-4 team with a FBS win lost out to a 6-5 WIU.  How, I will never understand..  After that season, I don't like any school with initials ISU and I also want to beat WIU because they have blackmail material on the playoff committee.

at Wyoming Cowboys  W 24-13
DRAKE  W 21-18
at #2 North Dakota State  L  9-34
UC DAVIS  W 31-24
at #16 Portland State  W 19-17
IDAHO STATE  L  31-37
at Weber State  L  24-25
at #19 Montana  L  16-42
#19 MONTANA STATE  W 44-38
NORTHERN COLORADO  W 45-14
at Cal Poly  W 45-21

That team was my pick for best D1 team at UND. This year we have a chance to overtake that spot. 

8 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

That team was my pick for best D1 team at UND. This year we have a chance to overtake that spot. 

we will find in the next two weeks...win a game we should in western and finally take it to the bizon bozos and let's not look back

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

we will find in the next two weeks...win a game we should in western and finally take it to the bizon bozos and let's not look back

Let’s not look ahead. WI game is every bit as important as Fargo game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

I completing agree - solid O line, deep threat and Santago...  that was a good team and they were hot at the end of the season.

Forecast still looking like it won't be much of an issue - High near 50 under partly sunny skies.  Haven't been able to get a great wind forecast - looks like an east wind (which would be across the field), but I don't think the intensity is known yet.  Game plan is to pound the ground, I assume?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

And our front 7 was nasty. Also the d backs got very solid by the end of the year. 

And I don't think our big right tackle started until our 4th game.  Can't believe I forget his name... 100% would have made an NFL roster.  Edit: was he left tackle actually?  Dont recall that either!

43 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

And I don't think our big right tackle started until our 4th game.  Can't believe I forget his name... 100% would have made an NFL roster.  Edit: was he left tackle actually?  Dont recall that either!

The Grady Train! He still has some eligibility left! :)