SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

46 minutes ago, KSSioux said:

It is the old font and has nothing to do with "stretching".  It is not the font associated with "North Dakota" in the "Fighting Hawks" rollout.  Not even close.  It is an old North Dakota font. 

My apologies, you are correct.  It seems UND football is using the same jerseys as before since they were ordered prior to the change.

44 minutes ago, KSSioux said:

It is the old font and has nothing to do with "stretching".  It is not the font associated with "North Dakota" in the "Fighting Hawks" rollout.  Not even close.  It is an old North Dakota font. 

The football team got these jerseys a couple years ago before the new font came out.  It is expensive to replace football jerseys.  Especially when you have 3 different jerseys per player.  Eventually they will get new ones with the new font.  What is the point you are trying to make again?

1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The football team got these jerseys a couple years ago before the new font came out.  It is expensive to replace football jerseys.  Especially when you have 3 different jerseys per player.  Eventually they will get new ones with the new font.  What is the point you are trying to make again?

My understanding is that the argument was that it isn't fair that football can wear jersey from last year with different letters, but hockey can't wear jersey's from 10 years ago with the Fighting Sioux logo.... but maybe I interpreted that wrong.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, KSSioux said:

I just saw the football game jersey on twitter.  With all the outrage regarding the hockey usage of the logo, why does the football team use a different font for "North Dakota", than what was built around the Fighting Hawks branding?  I would think those on here would be "outraged" at the noncompliance.

:0:D:D 

Funny who replied with the excuse. Excuses didn't cut it for him with the hockey team!

Love it :D

3 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

My understanding is that the argument was that it isn't fair that football can wear jersey from last year with different letters, but hockey can't wear jersey's from 10 years ago with the Fighting Sioux logo.... but maybe I interpreted that wrong.

If you want to know why the comment was made go to the dust settled new name thread. One of the responders made it clear last year that the excuse of the hockey jersey's being ordered before the name change is "BS"! They just don't want to change...blah blah blah! But now it's an acceptable excuse I guess.

Too bad it is so expensive for the football team to buy jersey's, well they need 3 per person. No other team has that expense!

You can't make this stuff up! Lol!

5 hours ago, KSSioux said:

DHMEUVMVYAA6ycJ.jpg:large

Patches look OK (dare I say that the ND/Hawk patch looks great?) - kind of overkill though with the three of them on the front.  The tire-tread kind of kills it for me too.  

EDIT:  Just noticed that the little "shadow" under the hawk's neck that (in this case) should be green is totally missing!

Just now, Hardcore Hawk said:

I feel that these new jerseys are a big waste of money, should have just kept the old ones or just change the patches on the old ones to these. I just hope someone is coming up with a better logo then the on the UND paid all that money for.

7 minutes ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

Not too shabby.  I like the addition of hem stripes on the black jerseys so that's a plus.  Put the number in the middle and you have a nice vintage-style look with a modern font.  The should patches are the correct logo too and the logo has the white border.  I'll give it a B grade pending the armpit stains being removed from what we've seen in the past few years.  

31 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Not too shabby.  I like the addition of hem stripes on the black jerseys so that's a plus.  Put the number in the middle and you have a nice vintage-style look with a modern font.  The should patches are the correct logo too and the logo has the white border.  I'll give it a B grade pending the armpit stains being removed from what we've seen in the past few years.  

I'd really like to see the front and back WITH the number and name.  These look nice in my opinion.

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

This is pretty much exactly what I was suspecting. I don't hate it. My only gripe is that we are getting cutesy with the text and I don't like that. I feel like a program like ours is above changes for the sake of change. Too cute for me. .... *get off my lawn* lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

This is pretty much exactly what I was suspecting. I don't hate it. My only gripe is that we are getting cutesy with the text and I don't like that. I feel like a program like ours is above changes for the sake of change. Too cute for me. .... *get off my lawn* lol

Most universities are trying to come up with standard fonts for all sports.  I bet you'll see the football jerseys change next year as well - and these look like the basketball jerseys.  

I'm upping my grade to B+.