SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

On 8/11/2017 at 0:34 PM, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

I like them! :lol:

Blackhawks10.png.261e219885916c1aa7bf59766b06e396.png.bb044ef13181e280039ec94f0893b7df.png

I get that the hawk head on the ND is the logo, but I still can't get over the corporate look of that logo and it doesn't work for me on that mock-up.  Curious, is it possible, or how difficult would it be, just just put the hawk head on the jersey and remove the ND part, just for kicks?

Is it possible that this "corporate" looking logo is destined to be a small secondary logo by design?   The first logo used to going to shoulder a boat load of hate and dislike, so start with a logo that will grow on people that will work as a small secondary, let it stew for a while, then bring out a better logo under the pretense that it looks better in large spaces?

9 hours ago, dagies said:

I get that the hawk head on the ND is the logo, but I still can't get over the corporate look of that logo and it doesn't work for me on that mock-up.  Curious, is it possible, or how difficult would it be, just just put the hawk head on the jersey and remove the ND part, just for kicks?

8 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I would like to aee this with black striping behind the logo as opposed to green.  Change some of the other stripes around to accommodate that change and this would look pretty cool! 

Did you actually think this was a serious concept? I just swapped out red for green on the ugliest jersey I could find! :lol:

10 hours ago, dagies said:

8 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I would like to aee this with black striping behind the logo as opposed to green.  Change some of the other stripes around to accommodate that change and this would look pretty cool! 

dff.png.bb266ea4281187195d3929d35c1af0ac.pngBlackhdddddddddddddddddawks10.png.1cc07c42d3d7bd2ea6bb6608e4f188a3.png

12 hours ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Did you actually think this was a serious concept? I just swapped out red for green on the ugliest jersey I could find! :lol:

No, I didn't, was just curious what it might look like.  Thanks for doing it.  Proves I do prefer the logo without the ND behind it.  

I just saw the football game jersey on twitter.  With all the outrage regarding the hockey usage of the logo, why does the football team use a different font for "North Dakota", than what was built around the Fighting Hawks branding?  I would think those on here would be "outraged" at the noncompliance.

2 minutes ago, KSSioux said:

I just saw the football game jersey on twitter.  With all the outrage regarding the hockey usage of the logo, why does the football team use a different font for "North Dakota", than what was built around the Fighting Hawks branding?  I would think those on here would be "outraged" at the noncompliance.

Those jerseys were purchased before the new logo and script came out.  

2 hours ago, KSSioux said:

It is the same font but because football jerseys stretch when they're put on it looks cartoonish when its on a hanger.  

4 minutes ago, southpaw said:

It is the same font but because football jerseys stretch when they're put on it looks cartoonish when its on a hanger.  

It is the old font and has nothing to do with "stretching".  It is not the font associated with "North Dakota" in the "Fighting Hawks" rollout.  Not even close.  It is an old North Dakota font.