SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

16 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Why is hockey different?

Its a personal perspective thing and I have, to be honest, I generally could care less about basketball. I personally prefer the older typeface I think it has a more timeless college look where as the new typeface looks like something off 1990's digital watch, it looks like it's trying to be futuristic which makes it dated and cheesy. Again my personal opinion.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Well I suppose they could round out the top and bottom to make it similar to the current jersey.  I'd much rather see it like the basketball and create a consistent look across multiple sports.

ND.jpg

Sorry, ArchyAlum11, but the tri-color black outlined in white outlined in green on 3" letters doesn't really work for me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I hope they go back to basics and make it a simple look, like this, in regards to the shoulder and striping.  

jersey.png

As much as I like their orange jersey, Edmonton's blues are WAY better.  

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Navy Airedale said:

Hello,

I am looking for a home and away blank from the 1986 to 1990 era.  Would anyone have some info on manufacturers?

Thanks,

NA

I have a green CCM replica from that era - sure wish I would have bucked out the day after graduation and just bought the white one too.  

12 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Were the green Blackhawks always nameplate-less?  I only recall names on the back of the home whites in that era. 

4 minutes ago, UNDSioux23 said:

I believe so

That's s my recollection too.  They went with the generic NORTH DAKOTA jerseys in 1993 (I think).  By 1997, nameplates were on the away greens too.

4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

That's s my recollection too.  They went with the generic NORTH DAKOTA jerseys in 1993 (I think).  By 1997, nameplates were on the away greens too.

The other thing I wonder about, is they went to the Geo in the 95-96 season yet when they played Boston in 95 all the replays of Travis Roy getting hurt the Sioux were wearing the North Dakota jerseys...

15 minutes ago, UNDSioux23 said:

The other thing I wonder about, is they went to the Geo in the 95-96 season yet when they played Boston in 95 all the replays of Travis Roy getting hurt the Sioux were wearing the North Dakota jerseys...

Are you sure geometrics weren't 1996-1997?  The BU game in October of 1995 was with the generic NORTH DAKOTA jerseys - with nameplates.

7 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Are you sure geometrics weren't 1996-1997?  The BU game in October of 1995 was with the generic NORTH DAKOTA jerseys - with nameplates.

Unless, they played their first 6 road games and then introduced the new Geo at home and then wore the green Geo on the road at the end of November?  I have a game worn Vig 95-96 and I know another guy has a game worn Mitani 95-96...

10 minutes ago, UNDSioux23 said:

Unless, they played their first 6 road games and then introduced the new Geo at home and then wore the green Geo on the road at the end of November?  I have a game worn Vig 95-96 and I know another guy has a game worn Mitani 95-96...

That's very possible!

• 3 weeks later...