SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

< patting self on back > 

I said from the start that logo is great small.

It looks good on ball caps and polo shirts. It's fine as a patch on a football jersey front or hockey shoulder. It's good to about the size of a football helmet logo.

That all said, beyond that size it's not great. It's not a hockey jersey front

Agree with all of that, except patting your back

Few other notes from Brad:

• Although the font of the letters are different, the numbers will be the same block style as past uniforms. The names on the backs of the jerseys also will continue to use block-style lettering.
• UND will continue going with the same style of helmets without lettering or art on them, except for the goalies.

29 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Few other notes from Brad:

• Although the font of the letters are different, the numbers will be the same block style as past uniforms. The names on the backs of the jerseys also will continue to use block-style lettering.
• UND will continue going with the same style of helmets without lettering or art on them, except for the goalies.

Still seems odd that they still don't have anything on the helmets. Oh well.  Not a huge deal.  Just odd.

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The last Sioux jerseys in 2011 were the lighter (correct) green.  I agree.  This should be the color of our green jerseys.  

2012.jpg

Not trying to start a #Sioux4Ever debate but every time I see a picture of these specific jerseys I smile.

Those things were really sharp.

• Upvote 4

The jerseys are fine. They are not great, but they are not bad. When you see the old Sioux jerseys, you do get a different feel from them, but that is gone.

The thing I like least about the new jersey is the new font, not the logo on the shoulders. Actually it might just be that "N"

Overall, they are fine. Just win baby!

28 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

The jerseys are fine. They are not great, but they are not bad. When you see the old Sioux jerseys, you do get a different feel from them, but that is gone.

The thing I like least about the new jersey is the new font, not the logo on the shoulders. Actually it might just be that "N"

Overall, they are fine. Just win baby!

The new font is better than the old one in my opinion.  More importantly, it matches the jerseys of other sports as well.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Aren't the name plates and numbers done in-house by the equipment man?

Might they have had numbers and letters left (that meet minimum NCAA size requirements) in the equipment shop that they are going to burn through on the new sweaters. 

I'm guessing the jersey comes from Adidas/CCM/Reebok as shown in the picture and is modified in-house. 

I agree  with all the changes, except:

1. Reebok -> CCM. Nothing against it, but i guess I don't inherently agree/disagree.

2. New font. If they can use a block font elsewhere on the jersey why not the front? It's quite tacky.

3. Fighting Hawks Logo. I like the green on green better than the one with the black ND.

sadfg.png.efdf4d7b36eeb5120cdbc934c72b2f87.png

NO!!! X

qwsz.png.73968e26d15efc30c09a59edf99d16eb.png

YES!!!