SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

16 hours ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

I agree with getting rid of the stupid black armpits, but too many stripes? I count 3. The Oilers have 3, the Bruins have 3, a lot of teams have more, I don't think 3 is too many stripes.

I count 5 on the black jersey and 5 on the whites.

The way the ND with the bird logo gets on the jersey is by being on the shoulder patches. It will not be a main logo on the front of the jersey because its not really a logo you would put as a main focal point on a jersey. I still say get rid of the numbers in the middle of the jersey and move them to the upper left of the jersey.  They will probably use the new style lettering and do somthing with the words "Fighting Hawks", "Hawks", and "North Dakota".

1 hour ago, siouxkid12 said:

I count 5 on the black jersey and 5 on the whites.

The way the ND with the bird logo gets on the jersey is by being on the shoulder patches. It will not be a main logo on the front of the jersey because its not really a logo you would put as a main focal point on a jersey. I still say get rid of the numbers in the middle of the jersey and move them to the upper left of the jersey.  They will probably use the new style lettering and do somthing with the words "Fighting Hawks", "Hawks", and "North Dakota".

Fair point on the black jersey, but I don't think white stripes on a white jersey count. I still don't think it's too many stripes.

34 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The black jerseys has served as a great alternate jersey to the home white and the road greens.  But, I would be in favor of seeing an alternate gray jersey.  Worked well for the football team IMO.  Just a thought.  

EW! EW! EW! Blech! Heave! Vomit!

( doesn't look good for fb either)

1 hour ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Really? This was one of the most popular Sioux jersey's ever.

th.jpeg.e93ee2c31765db6d999971bf64f56b0a.jpeg

Because of the name on the back...

I am not a fan at all of the diagonal stripes either.  Or the "silk" style jerseys.  As far as the Bennett Brien logo jerseys went, these were among the best, although you could argue that they'd even be nicer without the full green cuffs.

Image result for fighting sioux jersey history

I

4 hours ago, Ray77 said:

Because of the name on the back...

I am not a fan at all of the diagonal stripes either.  Or the "silk" style jerseys.  As far as the Bennett Brien logo jerseys went, these were among the best, although you could argue that they'd even be nicer without the full green cuffs.

Image result for fighting sioux jersey history

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Yuck.  The shimmer-style era was brutal.  The pilling of the material wears them out in a hurry too.

I stand corrected, but they are still my favourites! (I think @UNDBIZ agrees)

And I don't really like the ones with 3 stripes. Go figure