SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

This is very frustrating watching a team UND should have beat move onto the championship. Potentially against another team we should have beat. Would of, should of, could of. We outplayed teams we lost to, and this is how it ends. Very very frustrating.

• Upvote 4

Just now, siouxfan512 said:

This is very frustrating watching a team UND should have beat move onto the championship. Potentially against another team we should have beat. Would of, should of, could of. We outplayed teams we lost to, and this is how it ends. Very very frustrating.

And Utah state is in a bowl game 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, wheelsup said:

YouTube tv doesn’t have the deal with Disney sorted out so we lose the espn networks until they do

At that specific time? Kind of crazy. I’m about ready to dump YouTube tv. Between that and not being able to watch the Wild or Twins, I’m not sure what I’m paying for.

Poor clock  management by JMU. Poor decisions by JMU quarterback. Great intercept by bison db. JMU should of had another touchdown. JMU qb throws an intercept into double coverage when he had a receiver WIDE open for a TD. That cost them game. JMU probably should of won game. JMU was better team in second half. It just always seems to go right for the bison who always play at home. Bison are good but good fortune always seems to happen to home team. 

1 minute ago, Und246 said:

Poor clock  management by JMU. Poor decisions by JMU quarterback. Great intercept by bison db. JMU should of had another touchdown. JMU qb throws an intercept into double coverage when he had a receiver WIDE open for a TD. That cost them game. JMU probably should of won game. JMU was better team in second half. It just always seems to go right for the bison who always play at home. Bison are good but good fortune always seems to happen to home team. 

I saw that too on some replays they showed later, their QB totally went with his first read into double coverage, the other guy was in middle of field going opposite direction in somewhat of the same area and would have easily walked in with nobody in 10 yards of him.  That INT in end zone at the end, that was a helluva pick by the DB I'll give them that.  SU always makes the big play when it's needed.  It's uncanny. 

23 minutes ago, Und246 said:

Right … so NDSU has won multiple FCS national championships due to good fortunate aka “luck” and has nothing to do with their players and coaches just being good … hmm, interesting take.

I don’t agree. I think it appears like good fortune but that’s just from the perspective of hoping they lose. It’s really just a good team/program making good things happen for them.

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Right … so NDSU has won multiple FCS national championships due to good fortunate aka “luck” and has nothing to do with their players and coaches just being good … hmm, interesting take.

I don’t agree. I think it appears like good fortune but that’s just from the perspective of hoping they lose. It’s really just a good team/program making good things happen for them.

Holy put words in his mouth...

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

It just rolls on and on.  It was there for us this season and we p!$$ed it down our collective leg.  I have a feeling that window is closed for this staff now.  Hopefully I’m wrong.

Please stop with comments insinuating the Bison get lucky and UND just doesn’t get lucky.  Those comments are just flat out embarrassing at this point.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Please stop with comments insinuating the Bison get lucky and UND just doesn’t get lucky.  Those comments are just flat out embarrassing at this point.

Exactly.

How many games has UND played in December in the Bubba era??

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Exactly.

How many games has UND played in December in the Bubba era??

One game in December in the Bubba era.  December 3, 2016 vs Richmond.  I think most of us remember the story line of that game whether we want to remember or not.  I think that qualifies as another "p!$$ed it down the leg".

8 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

At that specific time? Kind of crazy. I’m about ready to dump YouTube tv. Between that and not being able to watch the Wild or Twins, I’m not sure what I’m paying for.

It was poor timing. The deal expired on 12/17 so I’m guessing they had to pull it by midnight eastern. 

9 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I saw that too on some replays they showed later, their QB totally went with his first read into double coverage, the other guy was in middle of field going opposite direction in somewhat of the same area and would have easily walked in with nobody in 10 yards of him.  That INT in end zone at the end, that was a helluva pick by the DB I'll give them that.  SU always makes the big play when it's needed.  It's uncanny. 

Its culture, coaching, preparation and attention to detail. The 4th down play vs the Bison this fall is the perfect summary for why Entz & co are going to win their 9th national championship in the last 11 years and our staff has been out recruiting for the last month.  They were prepared for every scenario and we were not.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

They don't get in situations without an immense amount of talent and skill but it's absolutely uncanny how breaks always seem to fall their way. Case in point:

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

They don't get in situations without an immense amount of talent and skill but it's absolutely uncanny how breaks always seem to fall their way. Case in point:

Not sure what your point is here.  Stuff like that happens in games alot. 

I hear the "talent" excuse on SS all the time.  Which team had more "talent" in this game?

12 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Not sure what your point is here.  Stuff like that happens in games alot.  I hear this "talent" excuse on SS all the time.  Which team had more talent in this game?

I thought the talent level was pretty damn equal in the game. Or did you see something no one else did?

I'll disagree that it happens "alot" but regardless, it was an egregious mistake that shouldn't have happened given the situation. 

11 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I thought the talent level was pretty damn equal in the game. Or did you see something no one else did?

And I'm not sure an extra 30 seconds routinely roll off the clock at the end of a one score game where a team is obviously trying to run it out and the refs don't bother to reset it, but I'd love to see all these egregious mistakes in similar big moments since it happens "alot". 

From a skill level, JMU has more talent IMO and its really not that close.  NDSU won the game behind their 250 FB.  How hard is it to find a 250lb FB who can run a 4.8/4.9 40?  Their QB has been in and out of the lineup the last 2 seasons, so he is hardly a "star".  A question for our staff is why no HL in the bullpen to hammer games away when we have the lead(MIZZOU ST)?

NDSU also kicked a 20 and a 43 yard field goal.(should be automatic in D1 football).

As for the play clock?  Its home field advantage, and if JMU would have been on their game they would have noticed right away and had the time restored.   If the roles were reversed, I have a feeling NDSU would have noticed.  There is no "luck" involved in any of this.  Maybe a lucky bounce now and then, but overall NO LUCK INVOLVED.

11 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i see miller still sucks

Did you really watch the game. Miller was pretty good. Had a couple of 3rd down passes dropped the would have kept drives moving, and he didn’t have his best receiver. Not sure what this comment says about UND QB’s, because Miller’s combo or throwing and being able to run if he has to makes him much better than either F’N Hawk QB.

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

Not to mention the INT he threw the previous drive.... nothing wrong with staying alive for the next play until it's 4th down.

That one hurt. I turned to my dad I was said, “they should run it here shouldn’t they?” On 3rd and 6. Maybe catch them off guard and get a TD or first down. Low risk high reward. Instead they played the 3rd down like it was a 4th down. That and the other int were just so bad.

I don’t think their fullback played all that much this year so was a perfect time to put more plays in for him.

they did that same thing to us in Fargo, not prepared for him

call it whatever you want, preparation, skill, luck,Coaching, I still hate the sob ‘s

37 minutes ago, Kab said:

I don’t think their fullback played all that much this year so was a perfect time to put more plays in for him.

they did that same thing to us in Fargo, not prepared for him

call it whatever you want, preparation, skill, luck,Coaching, I still hate the sob ‘s

I struggled watching last night.  This all just sucks.