Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread


UNDBIZ
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Did you really watch the game. Miller was pretty good. Had a couple of 3rd down passes dropped the would have kept drives moving, and he didn’t have his best receiver. Not sure what this comment says about UND QB’s, because Miller’s combo or throwing and being able to run if he has to makes him much better than either F’N Hawk QB.

Did you watch the game broh? Miller was pretty good broh. Seriously broh. Give Cam Miller another chance broh. He doesn’t even do the Superman celebration anymore broh. He didn’t even have his best receiver broh. 
image.png.bd16be110f0fb65cb644424ec8c43bf8.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I struggled watching last night.  This all just sucks.

Watching the Bison once again make great plays and pull out a playoff game made me increasingly frustrated with the prospect of another year of Bubba's game management.  I know I should be used to it by now but really ... Especially when we should have beaten 2 of the 3 teams still playing.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Irish said:

Watching the Bison once again make great plays and pull out a playoff game made me increasingly frustrated with the prospect of another year of Bubba's game management.  I know I should be used to it by now but really ... Especially when we should have beaten 2 of the 3 teams still playing.

100%.  From a roster standpoint, we are largely there, from an in-game coaching standpoint we are not even close.  At this point it's about a 90% certainty we will all get all fired up for next August and end up being let down in a major way...yet again.  

I wonder how much time the staff really breaks down how bad this season went?  Do they understand exactly how awful and cataclysmic for the program their collective "deer-in-the-headlights" moment vs NDSU was?  The game and the entire season unraveled at that moment.

I for one will really struggle watching an SU vs SU tilt in Frisco.  IMO either of those staffs would have won using our players vs their rosters and that is the current state of UND football.  I think the evidence supporting that hypothesis was on display in almost every game this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

100%.  From a roster standpoint, we are largely there, from an in-game coaching standpoint we are not even close.  At this point it's about a 90% certainty we will all get all fired up for next August and end up being let down in a major way...yet again.  

I wonder how much time the staff really breaks down how bad this season went?  Do they understand exactly how awful and cataclysmic for the program their collective "deer-in-the-headlights" moment vs NDSU was?  The game and the entire season unraveled at that moment.

I for one will really struggle watching an SU vs SU tilt in Frisco.  IMO either of those staffs would have won using our players vs their rosters and that is the current state of UND football.  I think the evidence supporting that hypothesis was on display in almost every game this season.

Would be nice to know what self analysis Bubba does of himself and the coaching staff

one coach for,the bison that makes a huge difference is Hedberg, they will lose a lot when he retires, not only a good coach but is a better person 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Did you really watch the game. Miller was pretty good. Had a couple of 3rd down passes dropped the would have kept drives moving, and he didn’t have his best receiver. Not sure what this comment says about UND QB’s, because Miller’s combo or throwing and being able to run if he has to makes him much better than either F’N Hawk QB.

Those wide open fullback wheel routes were impressive, nobody else could gut those.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

100%.  From a roster standpoint, we are largely there, from an in-game coaching standpoint we are not even close.  At this point it's about a 90% certainty we will all get all fired up for next August and end up being let down in a major way...yet again.  

I wonder how much time the staff really breaks down how bad this season went?  Do they understand exactly how awful and cataclysmic for the program their collective "deer-in-the-headlights" moment vs NDSU was?  The game and the entire season unraveled at that moment.

I for one will really struggle watching an SU vs SU tilt in Frisco.  IMO either of those staffs would have won using our players vs their rosters and that is the current state of UND football.  I think the evidence supporting that hypothesis was on display in almost every game this season.

Yah man I totally wonder how they pull out games with a winning mentality.  How do they keep doing it?  Maybe cause they won 5-6 national championships or whatever long before Entz even got there.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

It just rolls on and on.  It was there for us this season and we p!$$ed it down our collective leg.  I have a feeling that window is closed for this staff now.  Hopefully I’m wrong.

Please stop with comments insinuating the Bison get lucky and UND just doesn’t get lucky.  Those comments are just flat out embarrassing at this point.

 

When did I insinuate they got lucky?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kab said:

Would be nice to know what self analysis Bubba does of himself and the coaching staff

one coach for,the bison that makes a huge difference is Hedberg, they will lose a lot when he retires, not only a good coach but is a better person 

This is the crux of the matter.  No one knows what happens behind closed doors because they are exceptionally tight lipped - all we get from Bubba is "shucky darn, work harder, day by day" and Chaves is invisible.    However. based on what we can see from this program there is approaching zero honest self-evaluation and even less outward change.  The game management by staff seems to have gotten worse and even after the SU fiasco we continued to piss games away that we easily could have won.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Irish said:

This is the crux of the matter.  No one knows what happens behind closed doors because they are exceptionally tight lipped - all we get from Bubba is "shucky darn, work harder, day by day" and Chaves is invisible.    However. based on what we can see from this program there is approaching zero honest self-evaluation and even less outward change.  The game management by staff seems to have gotten worse and even after the SU fiasco we continued to piss games away that we easily could have won.  

We watched serious game management problems/play calling etc in almost every game after NDSU. Based on that nobody may have had the nuts to inform Bubba how “chicken sh!t” that moment was.  I still can’t believe they didn’t call a timeout when NDSU knew what was coming.


By the way when talking about programs and taking time and all the rest of the excuses, Brett Vigen at Montana State is in his first season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

One game in December in the Bubba era.  December 3, 2016 vs Richmond.  I think most of us remember the story line of that game whether we want to remember or not.  I think that qualifies as another "p!$$ed it down the leg".

Fun game, until the end. Oh, and yeah, much of fan base gone that date also because of, you know, hOcKeY

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

From a skill level, JMU has more talent IMO and its really not that close.  NDSU won the game behind their 250 FB.  How hard is it to find a 250lb FB who can run a 4.8/4.9 40?  Their QB has been in and out of the lineup the last 2 seasons, so he is hardly a "star".  A question for our staff is why no HL in the bullpen to hammer games away when we have the lead(MIZZOU ST)?

NDSU also kicked a 20 and a 43 yard field goal.(should be automatic in D1 football).

As for the play clock?  Its home field advantage, and if JMU would have been on their game they would have noticed right away and had the time restored.   If the roles were reversed, I have a feeling NDSU would have noticed.  There is no "luck" involved in any of this.  Maybe a lucky bounce now and then, but overall NO LUCK INVOLVED.

We had our bulldozer in against Mo St to put the game away and run out the clock………… and he fumbled, not his fault that we lost but those are the times when winners put games away like winners……

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Did you really watch the game. Miller was pretty good. Had a couple of 3rd down passes dropped the would have kept drives moving, and he didn’t have his best receiver. Not sure what this comment says about UND QB’s, because Miller’s combo or throwing and being able to run if he has to makes him much better than either F’N Hawk QB.

He didn’t play bad or spectacular but he got the job done. If you were reading bisonville you would know that fanbased was pissed at the offensive play calling and QB play but they still found a way to win and all those voices got silenced……

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

We had our bulldozer in against Mo St to put the game away and run out the clock………… and he fumbled, not his fault that we lost but those are the times when winners put games away like winners……

Maybe he can atone for that mistake next season??

 

 

 

 

.....oh wait nevermind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

We had our bulldozer in against Mo St to put the game away and run out the clock………… and he fumbled, not his fault that we lost but those are the times when winners put games away like winners……

I would assume when you say “winners”you are addressing Bubba and the staff?

As for Otis he is only about 5-6 “ and 40-50 lbs short of Leupke.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...