SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

3 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

That’s right, I forgot.  The ‘media’ is some uniform and all-encompassing entity controlled by the deep state with a political agenda.  Poor, poor Trump.  I think I heard Trump say Slender Man is in on it too.  You people ought to look in on that.  Dangerous stuff!!   

Meanwhile, in the real world,  Stay classy cultists......  

You know for a lawyer, you make a lot of immature, weak and petty arguments. Hope you don't charge your clients for these sort of arguments.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You know for a lawyer, you make a lot of immature, weak and petty arguments. Hope you don't charge your clients for these sort of arguments.

Lawyers are no different than anybody else who finds humor in people’s ignorance.

That the NCGOP is sending out flyers (like the one posted) to people is a testament to how stupid they think their constituency is.    What's next, a flyer about the cannibal pedophiles invading government?    Jesus H Christ, all you can do is laugh at these people.      

6 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Democrats:  “WE ARE UNITED AGAINST GERRYMANDERING!”

Also Democrats:  Let’s amend the Constitution to allow for population density and we can obtain unlimited power forever! 

Democrats cite the Constitution when it's convenient for them. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, mikejm said:

You raise an interesting point. It is disappointing to think any voter stays home because they think the electoral college effectively negates their vote, especially when one considers all the down ballot races.

Sure, your vote for a presidential candidate might not count on a national basis, but please vote and help decide legislative and local races.

That's exactly what's happening in these blue states. GOP's voters are staying home because their votes don’t matter. 

33 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

That’s right, I forgot.  The ‘media’ is some uniform and all-encompassing entity controlled by the deep state with a political agenda.  Poor, poor Trump.  I think I heard Trump say Slender Man is in on it too.  You people ought to look in on that.  Dangerous stuff!!   

Meanwhile, in the real world,  Stay classy cultists......  

Yep, thats all 60 million voters represented by her.  

7 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Lawyers are no different than anybody else who finds humor in people’s ignorance.

That the NCGOP is sending out flyers (like the one posted) to people is a testament to how stupid they think their constituency is.    What's next, a flyer about the cannibal pedophiles invading government?    Jesus H Christ, all you can do is laugh at these people.      

I’m sure it speaks to their opinion on their constituents a bit, but I think it harkens back to a point I’ve made before on this thread, politicians are awful people. Across the board. They see a fear or a talking point that works and they’ll hammer it regardless of whether or not it’s ethical or even true. They’ll say whatever they need to win an election. That’s why policy is the only thing that I vote on. What will you to do change lives with your vote and your influence? Your personal life means nothing to me.

13 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Yep, thats all 60 million voters represented by her.  

Nice strawman, never said it represented all 60 million voters.    I was mocking the cult followers.  And rightfully so.  Looks the they want to revert back to Jim Crow.  Yeehaw Johnny Reb! 

1 hour ago, Goon said:

There's no such thing as a moderate Democrat anymore @AOC is the official leader of the Democratic party. 

The democratic party is certainly shifting left.  However if the current party reflected AOC’s worldview in its entirety, Bernie Sanders would have won the nomination; quite handedly.  He didn't.  Old school traditional workhorse Biden did. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

The democratic party is certainly shifting left.  However if the current party reflected AOC’s worldview in its entirety, Bernie Sanders would have won the nomination; quite handedly.  He didn't.  Old school traditional workhorse Biden did. 

To be fair, Biden won because literally everyone dropped out and endorsed him. 

6 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

To be fair, Biden won because literally everyone dropped out and endorsed him. 

Or was it everyone else dropped because they weren't running for the senate like Joe was??

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Goon said:

Not one of those Republicans is considered a solid constitutional conservative, they’re all squishy RINO Republicans. So what’s your point?  Nice though Skippy. 

Oh, gooneytunes.  Anybody left of Attilla the Hun is a mealy mouthed liberal to you.

But, again, they are Republicans.  So, yet another lie. 

11 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Right, but that’s a further testament to my point.  Everyone lined up in Biden’s corner, not Sanders/AOC’s.  

For all the attention the "squad" gets, it's important to remember they represent 4/435 of the House. And Bernie is 1/100 of the Senate. 

4 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Do you proportion it per statewide vote or do you do winner take all based on house districts?

If by proportion, does the dude who gets 50.01% only get half of the EC votes in the state or do they get 50%+1?

If by house district, how do we decide who gets the two extra votes each state has?

I think there would be some goofy stuff that goes on. I like the simple way we have it now. Win the state babyyyy.

I realize it would never happen, but I’ve always wondered what would happen if you went by congressional district, majority winner in that state gets the extra 2 votes.  

Now I need to find a 2nd year law student to figure out how that would have affected the results in the last few elections.  

• Upvote 1