SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

7 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

1 citizen.

1 vote.

That concept frightens you.   Very telling.. 

In a country as regionalized as ours in its voting patterns? Yes, 1 citizen, 1 vote is too simplistic and would lead to an absolute disaster.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

1 citizen.

1 vote.

That concept frightens you.   Very telling.. 

A field goal  and a touchdown should be worth the same. 1 score is 1 score.

The concept frightens you and every Nick Saban team. Very telling.

Instead of looking at who wins 4 games in a best of 7 series, we should award the series to whomever has a better point/goal differential. 

The concept frightens you and every team who has ever won a series with a negative point differential... very telling!

2 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Amend the Constitution. 

I don't know about Russia, and your daddy Putin, but we can do that here genius.

Da.

You are right! We can amend it. Get busy leading the charge. Be the change! Convince the requisite number of states and congressmen that your idea will improve the country. Something tells me it won't go well but...you are free to try.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

A field goal  and a touchdown should be worth the same. 1 score is 1 score.

The concept frightens you and every Nick Saban team. Very telling.

Instead of looking at who wins 4 games in a best of 7 series, we should award the series to whomever has a better point/goal differential. 

The concept frightens you and every team who has ever won a series with a negative point differential... very telling!

I see.

So, in your mind a Wyoming citizen is worth 7 votes and a California citizen is worth 3 votes.  

Total votes shouldn't matter because not all voters should be treated equally.

And this system will hold up in a representational democracy forever and ever without any unrest even if the minority stays in power and jams their agenda down the majority's throat.

Yeah.  Thats gonna work forever. 

1 minute ago, Hayduke1 said:

I see.

So, in your mind a Wyoming citizen is worth 7 votes and a California citizen is worth 3 votes.  

And this system will hold up in a representational democracy forever and ever without any unrest even if the minority stays in power and jams their agenda down the majority's throat.

You’re pointing out flaws in a system while touting another system that would make the problems you state exponentially worse.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I see.

you still fail to see that, overall, the democratic party is a very small portion of the country...very small.  a democratic strong hold should NOT have more say than a whole state, let alone multiple states.  that is how equal representation works.  quit being dumb

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Amend the Constitution. 

I don't know about Russia, and your daddy Putin, but we can do that here genius.

Da.

when you keep making these Russian hints you know that you are making our point for us about the media...you watched cnn, msnbc, and all the other fake media outlets everynight in your bunker and after 3 years you fully believe that Russia Gate BS...yet it was 100% false 100% false....100% false...and if you don't agree hit up a guy named Carter Page or George Papadapuous...

turn off the tv  and go outside

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I see.

Yes!  100%! Wyoming people are 10 times smarter than your average Cali resident.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I see.

1. Why don't you craft policies that appeal to these Ubermesch Wyoming voters? What's crazy is...if you appeal to Wyoming's citizens, there is a strong likelihood you'll appeal to SEVERAL other states as well! Its really cool how that works.

2. The burden of convincing people lies with the one seeking to institute a change. So far all you've offered was a generic threat of some sort of avocado toast uprising.

I would say you claimed it would benefit us all because there are apparently mythical non-voters just waiting for a popular vote to be implemented...but my experience with non-voters is that it is an excuse to justify not taking the time to vote rather than the reason they don't vote.

So in conclusion, you want to take voting power away from several states, you don't want to give them anything in return, you make a vague threat towards them if they don't comply, and then get mad when they don't want to go along with it?

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, 1972 said:

you still fail to see that, overall, the democratic party is a very small portion of the country...very small.  a democratic strong hold should NOT have more say than a whole state, let alone multiple states.  that is how equal representation works.  quit being dumb

Really?

Yet, you don't understand population density and equate it to showing a GOP majority.

Nothing knuckle dragging moronic in that line if thought.

ROTFLMFAO

5 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

1. Why don't you craft policies that appeal to these Ubermesch Wyoming voters? What's crazy is...if you appeal to Wyoming's citizens, there is a strong likelihood you'll appeal to SEVERAL other states as well! Its really cool how that works.

2. The burden of convincing people lies with the one seeking to institute a change. So far all you've offered was a generic threat of some sort of avocado toast uprising.

I would say you claimed it would benefit us all because there are apparently mythical non-voters just waiting for a popular vote to be implemented...but my experience with non-voters is that it is an excuse to justify not taking the time to vote rather than the reason they don't vote.

So in conclusion, you want to take voting power away from several states, you don't want to give them anything in return, you make a vague threat towards them if they don't comply, and then get mad when they don't want to go along with it?

1 citizen.

1 vote. 

If you cant figure that out, you are the problem. 

Like I said.  It is a cult. 

6 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Really?

Yet, you don't understand population density and equate it to showing a GOP majority.

Nothing knuckle dragging moronic in that line if thought.

ROTFLMFAO

wow, you either are that dumb, or you are trolling, either way, get some help.  you cant even help yourself, you often even are arguing against your own points, and yet...you cant see it.  seeriously...get help

4 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

1 citizen.

1 vote. 

The electoral college is a trump cult creation? Wow, trump is more powerful than we all thought, able to affect the voting in the United States so many years before he was born. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Isn’t learning that your vote doesn’t count leading to decreased voter turnout the democratic argument for voter disenfranchisement? You’re losing touch on your liberal talking points.

Allow me to put this out there:

How many conservatives in CA or NY don't go to the polls because they know they aren't majority in that state?

If it became straight national popular vote, it would incentivize CA and NY conservatives to come out. 

I'm saying in 2016 Hillary would've still won CA, but by 8,753,788 vs 4,483,810? 

Just imagine 1 or 2 million more CA conservatives deciding it's worth going to the polls and that national impact. 

The folks winning popular vote but losing EC today want to go to popular vote. 
But would such a rules change keep the outcome the same? 
We don't know. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Hayduke1 said:

1 citizen.

1 vote. 

It doesn't seem like I'm the problem here.  Then again, I'm not the one threatening violence against states like...LOL Wyoming who I'm pretty sure has never bothered anyone.

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

How many conservatives in CA or NY don't go to the polls because they know they aren't majority in that state?

You raise an interesting point. It is disappointing to think any voter stays home because they think the electoral college effectively negates their vote, especially when one considers all the down ballot races.

Sure, your vote for a presidential candidate might not count on a national basis, but please vote and help decide legislative and local races.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If it became straight national popular vote, it would incentivize CA and NY conservatives to come out. 

I'm saying in 2016 Hillary would've still won CA, but by 8,753,788 vs 4,483,810? 

Just imagine 1 or 2 million more CA conservatives deciding it's worth going to the polls and that national impact. 

We don't know. 

I’m firm enough in my belief that it would be a human rights travesty that even though in your scenario it favors “my side”, I’m still against it for all of the reasons I laid out. 

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

We don't know. 

Anyone who says they didn't vote because their vote doesn't matter are the types of people who wouldn't vote if you dropped a ballot off at their house. They either do not care or do not like either option. 

Nothing wrong with encouraging people to participate in elections but changing the rules in order to try enticing them to come out seems excessive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikejm said:

You raise an interesting point. It is disappointing to think any voter stays home because they think the electoral college effectively negates their vote, especially when one considers all the down ballot races.

Sure, your vote for a presidential candidate might not count on a national basis, but please vote and help decide legislative and local races.

Personal anecdote:
I almost stayed home in 1992 (Clinton/Bush/Perot) as I was living in upstate NY and knew where NY was going. 
But then I realized the neighbor down the street (a real jerk) was on the town council. 
I went to vote. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Personal anecdote:
I almost stayed home in 1992 (Clinton/Bush/Perot) as I was living in upstate NY and knew where NY was going. 
But then I realized the neighbor down the street (a real jerk) was on the town council. 
I went to vote. ;) 

Motivation to carry out your civic duty can come from many sources!