SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

6 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

Yeah, I'm not sure about that.  I am watching Amazon's stock price and am probably going to jump on it if it approaches 1200.  This is an opportunity to buy and hold long term right now.

No use buying the stock if you don’t believe the market will recover. ;)

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

How can we have hundreds of thousands of people still flying all over the country..... yet a gathering of under 200 people to have a hockey or basketball game is not allowed?

I’m sitting in Denver International Airport right now and I’ve never seen this place so underpopulated. There are a lot of people who are NOT flying. 

I wouldn’t be, but I’m on my way to work. 

8 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

A lot of businesses (and universities) will never reopen after they "temporarily" close.  They were financially strapped before this.

There's a lot of truth to this. Airlines are going to bankrupt like crazy.  There will be a domino effect of companies falling.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, mikejm said:

I’m sitting in Denver International Airport right now and I’ve never seen this place so underpopulated. There are a lot of people who are NOT flying. 

I wouldn’t be, but I’m on my way to work. 

Friend was in Atlanta Tuesday. Took 3 minutes for bag check and clear TSA. (Normal line not precheck). 

6 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

There's a lot of truth to this. Airlines are going to bankrupt like crazy.  There will be a domino effect of companies falling.

Time to buy the big airliners who will acquire them.

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

This crisis just created another level of new government dependence.

Let the global propaganda begin! China leadership now accusing the U.S. of purposely planting the virus as some sort of biological military weapon. 

5 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Let the global propaganda begin! China leadership now accusing the U.S. of purposely planting the virus as some sort of biological military weapon. 

Its equally likely that the University of Michigan started this as a way to keep UND from tying them with 9 NCAA hockey championships.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

Never let a disaster go to waste!

It is sad to think that there are some in this country popping champagne bottles and toasting over this situation.

• Upvote 4

I do want to call out that it isn’t just the sporting events.  They are the prescient example, but It’s American institutions and way of life.

We don’t prevent arenas from selling alcohol and corn syrup and other things that lead to the pandemics in this country that kill on a way bigger scale than Covid19...Diabetes, cancer, alcoholism

20 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I love how so many people on public forums, especially a sport forum, deems themselves both economic and medical experts.

My understanding is, Covid-19 is not overly dangerous unless you are older, or you have a compromised immune system. Of course there are exceptions to this.

Several on social media think it is more important to continue to play sporting events, than try to limit a virus that is lethal to a certain part of the population. That does not mean that you can keep that part of the population away from the even to contain the spread. Even if only young people attend the events the virus can spread among them, creating exponentially more infected people that can then infect people who are older or have compromised immune systems.

I totally get the terrible economic impact of cancelling tournaments, schools, businesses, etc. but what are people supposed to do? Continue as is, and if people get infected or die, that's just too bad?

There is no great solution here, but any solution is certainly not as black or white and many here and other public forums think. This thing is affecting everyone ... infected people, uninfected people, kids, adults, elderly, businesses, schools, teams, athletes, and certainly after checking my 401k ... me. Ugh!

Everyone gets their opinion, but there seems to be a little lack of compassion for human health and life from some posters.

Would more people die from car accidents on the way to all of these games, or carona virus contracted at these games?

1 minute ago, yzerman19 said:

I do want to call out that it isn’t just the sporting events.  They are the prescient example, but It’s American institutions and way of life.

We don’t prevent arenas from selling alcohol and corn syrup and other things that lead to the pandemics in this country that kill on a way bigger scale than Covid19...Diabetes, cancer, alcoholism

Just wait until there is socialized health care...