SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

11 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

All I said is that current NCAA student-athletes get an extra year of eligibility because of all this. Nothing more, nothing less.

While I certainly feel for our seniors and seniors on other teams, that would create more problems. 
Much like all the over-reaction to corona hype will cause more issues than the actual virus. 

1 hour ago, bcblues said:

This team will be a National Champion in my mind.  Would they have won?  Who knows.  They had it all and would have certainly been one to beat in the Frozen Four.  I, too feel bad for the seniors.  They played their hearts out and had a great season.  Way to go guys.

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016, 2020*

I dunno, boys...Canisius College is going to be raising an asterisk banner too as they feel they were gonna go on a major run and win the whole thing.

2 hours ago, neoflex said:

What the fu$k is going on. This is a ridiculous overreaction. More people contact and die over the flu in 1day, than in 6 months of the Corona virus. 

Instead of a postponement, the NCAA just caves and gives into a media frenzy hysteria. Just unbelievable. 

Somewhat agree. They either know something no one else knows or they caved. Every league “paused” other than the NCAA.  Ridiculous.

25 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Is it true that someone in the admnistration had to talk the president out of asking for more money for his wall/He thought the CORONA virus came from Mexico.

You can’t have Corona virus without some lime disease...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Is it true that someone in the admnistration had to talk the president out of asking for more money for his wall/He thought the CORONA virus came from Mexico.

That speech he gave last night wasn't like him at all. Must of listened to his aids, read the script, had none of his own usual poise. 
He wouldn't be coming down with something?

45 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

I am sure a CNN reporter has an unnamed source so it is probably true.

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

So was it the right decision to suspend travel?

I’d like someone to define what success looks like in this fight.  Is it about infection rate or death or both?  To me, infection rate isn’t the right measure.  I care about morbidity and adverse outcomes of infection- negative impact lasting longer than 6 months post I.e. wrecked lungs or heart.   Is that a linear regression percentage of the total infections?   Likely not.  We are already seeing extreme variation based on specific variables.  Virus has an 10.5% kill rate in those with CVD.  Give me Cherbourg, Paris, Berlin for this fight