SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

IF or moreso WHEN the NCAA cancels the tournies for BBball hockey and all other spring sports.

UND and NCHC needs to cancel this weekends series IMMEDIATELY.

Although i believe they all want to see how this weekends "no fans" games play out. If they can hold of the hysteria until Monday, they will play, but i dont think its going to happen.

35 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I really doubt the NCHC will hold the Frozen Faceoff with fans.  Especially now that basketball conference tournaments are being played with no fans and this weekends games are being played with no fans.

I will be happy as long as they still have it. At this rate I'm doubtful we have a national tournament.

1 minute ago, UNDColorado said:

I will be happy as long as they still have it. At this rate I'm doubtful we have a national tournament.

I just hope they suspend before cancel. Give it a shot. We have two weeks until hockey is set to begin. 

• Upvote 1

Do any of you remember this and how did we and the media react to it?

Starting spring of 2009, H1N1 infected about 100 million Americans, killing about 75,000 and sending 936,000 to the hospital, according to CDC estimates.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Nowhere near this panic

And the administration at the time (2009) was VERY slow to do anything (which may or may not have been the appropriate reaction).  Just another indication of how this stuff is reported and judged.

• Upvote 2

Just now, nodakgirl93 said:

And would they award that for basketball?

Tournament committee ranks the teams for the NCAA tournament bracket for both hockey and basketball.  Give the Championship to who ever is the overall #1 seed!!  Congrats North Dakota and Kansas!! :D

6 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

And the administration at the time (2009) was VERY slow to do anything (which may or may not have been the appropriate reaction).  Just another indication of how this stuff is reported and judged.

Because of this the global health agency required vaccine manufacturers to commit to donate a portion of their pandemic vaccine production in real time in exchange for getting access to the flu viruses the manufacturers use to make seasonal flu vaccine. The WHO recently reported it had signed 13 such agreements with manufacturers, commitments that would give it access to an estimated 400 millions doses of pandemic vaccine that it would distribute to countries in need in the next pandemic. It will be interesting how this plays out.

7 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Stopping unnecessary gatherings of large groups of people isn't gonna stop this from spreading. At least keep the tournaments going with no fans. We are here for a good time not a long time. 

They aren’t trying to stop it.  They are trying to slow it down.  And unfortunately social distancing, along with hand washing are row of the primary ways to accomplish this.

18 minutes ago, mn_sioux said:

Do any of you remember this and how did we and the media react to it?

Starting spring of 2009, H1N1 infected about 100 million Americans, killing about 75,000 and sending 936,000 to the hospital, according to CDC estimates.  

Source?

This has the numbers lower. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-h1n1-pandemic.html

With that said.... A different time.  A different king. ;)