SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

8 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

So instead of simply telling the employee, she reported the store to the Health Department.  Karen gonna Karen.

Over/Under on how many of these types of "letters to the editor" there are going to be over the next 6 months is set at 75.  

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

So instead of simply telling the employee, she reported the store to the Health Department.  Karen gonna Karen.

I think they should get people like her whistles to carry around and anytime they see something they can blow the whistle and point and rant.

• Upvote 2

Soooo...remember the couple who drank fish tank cleaner because Trump supposedly said to do it...the husband died and the wife “miraculously” survived?  I’m sure you’ll all be shocked to know that the local police department is now investigating his death as a homicide.  Turns out she’s also a big donor to Democratic candidates, too.  I’m sure the national news media will be quick to update the masses on both of these developments.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, rochsioux said:

This video has been removed for violating YouTube's Community Guidelines.”

Not allowed to present data that goes against the official doctrine ?   Wow !!!  Am I living in China or North Korea now ?

This is the likely reason: https://www.dailynews.com/2020/04/28/california-doctors-with-dubious-covid-conclusions-debunked/

In a rare statement late today, the American College of Emergency Physicians and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine declared they “emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Messihi. These reckless and untested musings do not speak for medical societies and are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19. As owners of local urgent care clinics, it appears these two individuals are releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public’s health.”

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

It's one thing for these professional organizations to take a position, distance themselves, or even condemn, but YouTube may be too big for its britches.  

Also, I want to know whether the licensing jurisdictions will take action against these individuals?  Have they done something that would constitute a material violation, or simply taken an unpopular position on a matter of public concern.  Will CA revoke or threaten to revoke their licenses?  If CA doesn't even try, isn't that essentially a concession that the speakers aren't as terrible as everyone wants to make them out to be? 

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Soooo...remember the couple who drank fish tank cleaner because Trump supposedly said to do it...the husband died and the wife “miraculously” survived?  I’m sure you’ll all be shocked to know that the local police department is now investigating his death as a homicide.  Turns out she’s also a big donor to Democratic candidates, too.  I’m sure the national news media will be quick to update the masses on both of these developments.

:lol:

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/woman-who-blamed-trump-after-giving-her-husband-fish-tank-cleaner-now-under-investigation-for-murder/

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

i think dan bongino on his podcast jokingly mentioning that story as a good way of offing your other half last week or so.

17 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i think dan bongino on his podcast jokingly mentioning that story as a good way of offing your other half last week or so.

That's one of my favorite podcasts. Listen every day. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Busted! Deep State!

3 hours ago, UND1983 said:

This entire situation has been a reckless and untested disaster, why discriminate against these guys?

3 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

It's one thing for these professional organizations to take a position, distance themselves, or even condemn, but YouTube may be too big for its britches.  

Also, I want to know whether the licensing jurisdictions will take action against these individuals?  Have they done something that would constitute a material violation, or simply taken an unpopular position on a matter of public concern.  Will CA revoke or threaten to revoke their licenses?  If CA doesn't even try, isn't that essentially a concession that the speakers aren't as terrible as everyone wants to make them out to be? 

Youtube commented on that as well. Not the first video that has been pulled under similar guidelines but most likely the one that has generated the most buzz. I'm sure there is still plenty that should be removed under the same guidelines from both points of view.

“We quickly remove flagged content that violate our Community Guidelines, including content that explicitly disputes the efficacy of local healthy authority recommended guidance on social distancing that may lead others to act against that guidance," said the statement. "However, content that provides sufficient educational, documentary, scientific or artistic (EDSA) context is allowed -- for example, news coverage of this interview with additional context. From the very beginning of the pandemic, we’ve had clear policies against COVID-19 misinformation and are committed to continue providing timely and helpful information at this critical time.”

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Also pleased that neither study (NIAID or the China one) called out side effects.    The combination of some benefits in quality of life (patients and overburdened staff) plus cost savings in critical care seems to make this one an easy call for acceleration / EUA.

PS.  Let the combination therapy studies begin.

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Busted! Deep State!

The narrative was pounded for weeks about Trump’s recklessness in regards to fish tank cleaner.  Liberal response now is predictable - heaven forbid we have an update to a story from a few weeks ago.  “Journalism.” 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

The narrative was pounded for weeks about Trump’s recklessness in regards to fish tank cleaner.  Liberal response now is predictable.  

I don't think he ever told anyone to take fish tank cleaner. He tauted the possible benefits of hydroxychloroquine. It was those 2 idiots that came up with fish tank cleaner or just her based on the murder investigations.

4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

REALLLY!

NY Times gave Grand Forks and Fargo some attention today. Both communities show up in the Highest avg. daily growth rate of cases....

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/23/upshot/five-ways-to-monitor-coronavirus-outbreak-us.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

I don't know how trustful this info is as they are counting 20 deaths for Fargo in their Highest avg. daily growth rate of deaths chart.

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

NY Times gave Grand Forks and Fargo some attention today. Both communities show up in the Highest avg. daily growth rate of cases....

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/23/upshot/five-ways-to-monitor-coronavirus-outbreak-us.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

I don't know how trustful this info is as they are counting 20 deaths for Fargo in their Highest avg. daily growth rate of deaths chart.

Just remember,  the NY Times wants this to be as bad as it can be.  If Trump appears to be succeeding look for a negative article pointing out the opposite. Not disputing the info cause I dont know but they will definitely find the black lining for you.