SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Guy who is wrong alot lately - stick to the subject.  

You asked me a question and I answered it with concrete evidence of your guy being denounced by the medical and scientific community. Don't deflect because you chose a poor source of information and considered it gospel. 

5 minutes ago, dynato said:

You asked me a question and I answered it with concrete evidence of your guy being denounced by the medical and scientific community. Don't deflect because you chose a poor source of information and considered it gospel. 

Sounds good.  We'll see how it plays out.  

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Meanwhile, a "Manhattan Style Project" was just announced to speed up a vaccine.  The goal: 300 million by January. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-29/trump-s-operation-warp-speed-aims-to-rush-coronavirus-vaccine

Godspeed scientists. 

Just can’t wait to be first in line for a rushed vaccine on a novel virus...what could go wrong?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, dynato said:

"Alex Berenson (born January 6, 1973) is a former reporter for The New York Times and the author of several thriller novels and a book on corporate financial filings. His 2019 book Tell Your Children: The Truth About Marijuana, Mental Illness and Violence sparked controversy, earning denunciations from many in the scientific and medical communities."

Sorry, I should have said "former" reporter. That only takes away from his credibility and makes him more of a conspiracy theorist than anything else. My bad. I wouldn't find a guy trustworthy if he has been denounced by the the scientific and medical community, but you do you :) 

Gotta tell you, being denounced by a community that has gotten so much stuff wrong, might not be such a bad thing. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

Just can’t wait to be first in line for a rushed vaccine on a novel virus... what could go wrong?

Bill Gates is on line 3 for you......

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Sounds good.  We'll see how it plays out.  

Exactly, file this under the conspiracy column until we have actual evidence suggesting otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

Gotta tell you, being denounced by a community that has gotten so much stuff wrong, might not be such a bad thing. 

So much stuff wrong? The medical and science community is majority non biased and factual. Politicians act out of their area of expertise to interpret the results and that is where many parties have gotten things wrong. 

Good work on dismissing the leagues of progress those two communities have made in the past century over a new virus whose characteristics are largely still not known to the world. A powerful argument to justify defending one dude on twitter with a conspiracy theory who currently holds no weight towards changing our current situation.

40 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

ND with 34 new positives on 1924 tests today. Can the bed wetting doomsdayers please stop their uneducated and ignorant letter to Forum Communications?

Where are the educated and well articulated letters to Forum Communications to counter the bed wetting doomsdayers?

28 minutes ago, dynato said:

Where are the educated and well articulated letters to Forum Communications to counter the bed wetting doomsdayers?

24 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

They don't exist.  The silent majority doesn't do that.  

The "everybody stay home so people don't die" letters from retired folks, people that haven't lost their job, and laid off people that don't want to go back to work bartending/serving because they are making more this way, isn't helping anybody.  

@dynato You do realize that editors tend to pick and choose which letters get published, right?  

• Upvote 2

Just now, MafiaMan said:

@dynato You do realize that editors tend to pick and choose which letters get published, right?  

I do understand that. I've seen plenty of evidence across the decade of them posting both sides of a heated topic if people are willing to write thought out positions to them. Marijauana/Measure 5,  32nd Avenue bridge, demers overpass, taxes. I would not expect Forum Communications to lean towards posting only democrat shelter at home opinion bias unless there is no good material being sent in by the opposing bias. Especially considering that forum communications leans right and typically has a moderately conservative bias. 

1 hour ago, dynato said:

Exactly, file this under the conspiracy column until we have actual evidence suggesting otherwise. 

So much stuff wrong? The medical and science community is majority non biased and factual. Politicians act out of their area of expertise to interpret the results and that is where many parties have gotten things wrong. 

Good work on dismissing the leagues of progress those two communities have made in the past century over a new virus whose characteristics are largely still not known to the world. A powerful argument to justify defending one dude on twitter with a conspiracy theory who currently holds no weight towards changing our current situation.

Not dismissing progress, but I am not naive enough to think that people in those positions can't have an agenda.  

11 minutes ago, dynato said:

I do understand that. I've seen plenty of evidence across the decade of them posting both sides of a heated topic if people are willing to write thought out positions to them. Marijauana/Measure 5,  32nd Avenue bridge, demers overpass, taxes. I would not expect Forum Communications to lean towards posting only democrat shelter at home opinion bias unless there is no good material being sent in by the opposing bias. Especially considering that forum communications leans right and typically has a moderately conservative bias. 

Now you have gone off the rails.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

Not dismissing progress, but I am not naive enough to think that people in those positions also can have an agenda.  

Again, the science and medical communities post their findings. They show how they got their results, any assumptions they made, any fallacies to their work, and if there any conflicts of interests (for example being paid by a party with a vested interest in positive results). If they do not do this, or post false information, they are quickly condemned by the rest of the community.  

Politicians and Media are mostly the ones who blindly take the first sentence of the scientific report, ignore context, and use it to advance their agenda. If they are wrong, they are only condemned by the other party, and not the entire community.

1 minute ago, Nodak78 said:

Now you have gone off the rails.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/inforum-the-forum-fargo-moorhead-bias-rating/

2 minutes ago, dynato said:

Again, the science and medical communities post their findings. 

.....and Walz turns a blind eye to it. MN shelter in place thru May 18 now.

17 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

.....and Walz turns a blind eye to it. MN shelter in place thru May 18 now.

He is doing the opposite of turning a blind eye. Walz is making decisions off the middle to extreme ends of all death projections brought to him. It is evident he cares more about preservation of life at this point in time than the economy. He is as far from being right to being wrong, considering that Minnesota is far away from both health system and economic collapse. That is the only context you need to know about justifying his decisions.

The full impact of his decisions are not clear. It is clear that Minnesota will be used as an economic impact vs preventative measures baseline for future pandemics. Interestingly enough, there is some evidence from the 1918 Spanish flu that areas which implemented preventative measures earlier recovered their economies first and had greater growth afterwards. https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/Papers.cfm?abstract_id=3561560

17 minutes ago, dynato said:

He is doing the opposite of turning a blind eye. Walz is making decisions off the middle to extreme ends of all death projections brought to him. It is evident he cares more about preservation of life at this point in time than the economy. He is as far from being right to being wrong, considering that Minnesota is far away from both health system and economic collapse. That is the only context you need to know about justifying his decisions.

The full impact of his decisions are not clear. It is clear that Minnesota will be used as an economic impact vs preventative measures baseline for future pandemics. Interestingly enough, there is some evidence from the 1918 Spanish flu that areas which implemented preventative measures earlier recovered their economies first and had greater growth afterwards. https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/Papers.cfm?abstract_id=3561560

What is Walz waiting for - what needs to happen by May 18?

1 hour ago, dynato said:

Those people are still living their lives and not stuck under a blanket sucking their thumb in the fetal position while sending letters to the Forum.  

1 hour ago, dynato said:

Especially considering that forum communications leans right and typically has a moderately conservative bias. 

Lol......that's classic.  Better than most comedy these days on Comedy Central.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dynato said:

Again, the science and medical communities post their findings. They show how they got their results, any assumptions they made, any fallacies to their work, and if there any conflicts of interests (for example being paid by a party with a vested interest in positive results). If they do not do this, or post false information, they are quickly condemned by the rest of the community.  

Politicians and Media are mostly the ones who blindly take the first sentence of the scientific report, ignore context, and use it to advance their agenda. If they are wrong, they are only condemned by the other party, and not the entire community.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/inforum-the-forum-fargo-moorhead-bias-rating/

Well we can chalk up the mediabiasfactcheck.com as biased.  After reviewing their rating of the forum mu unbiased review is BS. 

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic