SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Herald reporting the North Dakota University System is planning on having students back on campuses this fall.

Good thing they are planning for it.  Imagine the exodus if they said they weren’t. 

19 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Never, ever leave the house....you might die.  Oh and the rich and powerful are bad. If any grocery store checkout person dies- you all have blood on your hands you evil, soulless creatures.  

now I’m going to bubble wrap my children and call the police on you for not bubble wrapping yours.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

NY Times gave Grand Forks and Fargo some attention today. Both communities show up in the Highest avg. daily growth rate of cases....

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/23/upshot/five-ways-to-monitor-coronavirus-outbreak-us.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

I don't know how trustful this info is as they are counting 20 deaths for Fargo in their Highest avg. daily growth rate of deaths chart.

I am old enough to remember when that if you read something in the NY Times you used to be able to count on at least some of the story  being fact based, just with a heavy dose of left leaning slant....can they find their way back to that?

*not commenting on this story in particular, just pointing out how what passes for journalism these days has jumped the shark.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

This is very good news.  Gilead Sciences has developed miraculous drugs.

A vaccine by Inovio Pharma has great news and the drug against Ventilator condition is nearing the FDA by CYDY.   

Those three drugs should pretty much stop the pandemic.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

A vaccine by Inovio Pharma has great news and the drug against Ventilator condition is nearing the FDA by CYDY.   

I would not be surprised if they decide to go FBS after this. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

I will be cautiously optimistic on all of this.  Even if only helps partially, it is still better than nothing at this point. 

Hydroxychloroquine Has about 90 Percent Chance of Helping COVID-19 Patients, States Association of American Physicians and Surgeons

Very odd watching the news today and the stark contrast between other drugs and remdesivir. Fauci seemed giddy. Didn't even use his favorite phrase "anecdotal evidence." Went as far as to state: "proves a drug can block the virus."

Looks like that evidence was just slightly better than a placebo. And seems mainly just to help you recover faster not necessarily help mortality.

16 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Ugh!

Before you make a knee-jack response of "but the economy," remember that the economy is made up of choices. Different choices could be made that would protect more workers and business owners from economic devastation, if the people with power were willing to make anything near the sacrifices they expect of those without it. Barring any meaningful leadership, I hope the people of Fargo will continue to stay home and save lives, use the city's online services rather than physical ones, and support local businesses by means of their no- and lowest-contact options.

10 hours ago, UND1983 said:

California Governor guy just declared all beaches off limits as of May 1 - of course California is going the other way.  Stricter is better!  

At this point it's just become "I dont want to see pictures of people enjoying themselves."

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

I was way off base a few weeks ago though

You just shared a tweet from a guy who has a goat as his profile picture. Who is fishing for evidence to prove a point he has yet to prove is true. This is a prime example of a conspiracy theory. The equivalent of saying, I've heard stories of aliens in the USA, I just need someone from NASA to confirm it for me with stories or hard evidence. 

-He is also a former reporter for the New York Times, their news reporting has lately has been questioned for it's sensationalism. 

I look forward to you sharing all the hard evidence, complete with hospital financials, that will surely flood in to him considering it is a massive, widespread issue that is prevalent in all of our hospital systems :)

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Kinda seems like Queen Corona has taken control of much of our public lives for the long haul.
This will takes months - - -   to get things back to the way they were 3 months ago (January).

4 minutes ago, dynato said:

You just shared a tweet from a guy who has a goat as his profile picture. Who is fishing for evidence to prove a point he has yet to prove is true. This is a prime example of a conspiracy theory. The equivalent of saying, I've heard stories of aliens in the USA, I just need someone from NASA to confirm it for me with stories or hard evidence. 

-He is also a reported for the New York Times, their news reporting has lately has been questioned for it's sensationalism. 

I look forward to you sharing all the hard evidence, complete with hospital financials, that will surely flood in to him considering it is a massive, widespread issue that is prevalent in all of our hospital systems :)

No he isn't a reporter for the Times.  And his wife is a surgeon in NYC I believe.  Look deeper into his account.  The sheep represents something symbolic, me thinks. 

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

No he isn't a reporter for the Times.  And his wife is a surgeon in NYC I believe.  Look deeper into his account.  

"Alex Berenson (born January 6, 1973) is a former reporter for The New York Times and the author of several thriller novels and a book on corporate financial filings. His 2019 book Tell Your Children: The Truth About Marijuana, Mental Illness and Violence sparked controversy, earning denunciations from many in the scientific and medical communities."

Sorry, I should have said "former" reporter. That only takes away from his credibility and makes him more of a conspiracy theorist than anything else. My bad. I wouldn't find a guy trustworthy if he has been denounced by the the scientific and medical community, but you do you :) 

6 minutes ago, dynato said:

"Alex Berenson (born January 6, 1973) is a former reporter for The New York Times and the author of several thriller novels and a book on corporate financial filings. His 2019 book Tell Your Children: The Truth About Marijuana, Mental Illness and Violence sparked controversy, earning denunciations from many in the scientific and medical communities."

Sorry, I should have said "former" reporter. That only takes away from his credibility and makes him more of a conspiracy theorist than anything else. My bad. I wouldn't find a guy trustworthy if he has been denounced by the the scientific and medical community, but you do you :) 

Who denounced him?  

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Who denounced him?  

Glad you asked: 

https://www.drugpolicy.org/resource/letter-scholars-and-clinicians-who-oppose-junk-science-about-marijuana

On Friday, 75 scholars and clinicians signed an open letter, joining a chorus of disagreement with Berenson by arguing that “establishing marijuana as a causal link to violence at the individual level is both theoretically and empirically problematic”.

The signatories include academics from New York University, Harvard Medical School and Columbia University and care providers including addiction medicine doctors, psychologists, psychiatrists and social workers."
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/feb/17/marijuana-book-tell-your-children-alex-berenson

1 minute ago, dynato said:

Glad you asked: 

On Friday, 75 scholars and clinicians signed an open letter, joining a chorus of disagreement with Berenson by arguing that “establishing marijuana as a causal link to violence at the individual level is both theoretically and empirically problematic”.

The signatories include academics from New York University, Harvard Medical School and Columbia University and care providers including addiction medicine doctors, psychologists, psychiatrists and social workers."
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/feb/17/marijuana-book-tell-your-children-alex-berenson

Guy who is wrong alot lately - stick to the subject.