SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

25 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I can help you here - the idea is to avoid crowded areas.  You can be outside in the sun and not be at a crowded beach.  Stay at home doesn't mean stay inside your home.   

Luckily they are starting to relax the stay at home orders and opened up some beaches so those common folks who dont have yards (or private skateparks) and live in apartments can now enjoy a piece of green space without pretending to "exercise."

Maybe theyll even allow vehicle access to state parks in CA soon too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Luckily they are starting to relax the stay at home orders and opened up some beaches so those common folks who dont have yards (or private skateparks) and live in apartments can now enjoy a piece of green space without pretending to "exercise."

Maybe theyll even allow vehicle access to state parks in CA soon too.

Serious question - does CA have different orders and enforcement from MN?

We are under stay at home order in MN but I've never seen so many people out walking on our neighborhood streets and on our trails.  This has specifically been identified as being acceptable  Mostly keeping distance from each other but 5-10% or so not honoring the 6 ft advisory.   

18 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Serious question - does CA have different orders and enforcement from MN?

Its hard to keep up with the ever changing Covid Laws:

The man, who was not identified by authorities, eventually made his way to the beach, where he was arrested on suspicion of disobeying a lifeguard and violating Gov. Gavin Newsom’s stay-at-home order, a misdemeanor.

Paddleboarder Arrested

7 hours ago, keikla said:

I've often seen throughout this thread that those who are at risk should quarantine while everyone else should be able to carry on as is.  I'm just curious how people envision the logistics of that, since that could include a rather large portion of the US workforce.  Here's a couple of scenarios I'm interested in what people think about:

1. Sally is 35yo with type 1 diabetes.  She and her dr feel that she is at risk, and she should quarantine.  She works for a company where the work could be done from home, but the employer wants people to actually be in the office for various reasons.  Does the employer have to let Sally work from home?  Does Sally have to disclose health issues (even if it's just a generic dr note) to her employer?  

2. Bob is 53 (remember, our stats on the low mortality stop at age 49) and just beat cancer a few months ago.  He is a chef at a very busy restaurant.  Obviously his work cannot be done from home, but his dr feels that he is very at risk and should quarantine.  Is Bob's employer required to still pay him when he can't come in to work?  Does he only get paid if he has available sick leave/vacation days?  He's already out of annual FMLA coverage because of his cancer treatments.  Does Bob get furloughed/fired based on his health status?  Does any of this change if it were health issues that Bob could possibly mitigate (i.e obesity, certain patients with high blood pressure)?

I'm not trying to be facetious; I'm genuinely interested in how people seeing the logistics play out.  If covid becomes an annual issue with the same deadly strain (as opposed to a weaker strain), these questions very well may need to be answered.

1. Yes to question one. Let her work at home. Question 2 would be no if she can work and yes if she can’t. There are way to many people disabled who could be working and the employers often have desk work or other work the person could do but too many providers write notes or sign disability forms for wrong reason. 

2. This is tougher. If he is still immunocompromised, he should qualify for short term disability. Once immune system recovers or vaccine/ treatment available then he should return to work. 

It has already come up twice in last 2 weeks. One teacher had  past history of asthma but nothing for over 5 yrs. They wanted note excusing them from work. They were doing online classes so I told them no dice. Second case was  person who wanted note to miss work but his employer wasn’t an “essential “ business so he wasn’t working anyway. I told him if he was called back to work and wasn’t ready we would review then. 

Hopefully you are feeling better. 

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

As reported in the Fargo Forum today 72738 ND residents are unemployed as of April 24. That puts the unemployment rate in ND around 18%. That % number of residents in the workforce that are currently out of work is 2 more than total deaths (16). At the same time Doug continually needs more tests done daily so he can keep moving the needle in the "positives" category upward and he can continue to justify his Bill Gates everything revolves around IT data mindset and hit the two more weeks reset button again and again and again. 0.0024% of the state's population has died from COVID while roughly 18% of its workforce is now unemployed. Again some perspective 50 obituaries in the Fargo Forum just yesterday and today. Meanwhile there was a local news piece yesterday of a single mother of two who lost her job. Kids are 12 and 6. Family is now homeless. Can't afford to pay rent or buy food and are currently staying in a local homeless shelter. But can we please keep parroting "stop the spread....flatten the curve....save lives"....blah blah blah.

I'm beginning to think the linkage to Gates might have traction.  It would have been nice to be a bird in the room during their conversation as the virus was just starting.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

As reported in the Fargo Forum today 72738 ND residents are unemployed as of April 24. That puts the unemployment rate in ND around 18%. That % number of residents in the workforce that are currently out of work is 2 more than total deaths (16). At the same time Doug continually needs more tests done daily so he can keep moving the needle in the "positives" category upward and he can continue to justify his Bill Gates everything revolves around IT data mindset and hit the two more weeks reset button again and again and again. 0.0024% of the state's population has died from COVID while roughly 18% of its workforce is now unemployed. Again some perspective 50 obituaries in the Fargo Forum just yesterday and today. Meanwhile there was a local news piece yesterday of a single mother of two who lost her job. Kids are 12 and 6. Family is now homeless. Can't afford to pay rent or buy food and are currently staying in a local homeless shelter. But can we please keep parroting "stop the spread....flatten the curve....save lives"....blah blah blah.

I see a barber in Dickinson is going to open May 1st no matter what Doug says.  It’s time to let the people decide.

we can make our own decisions, the people who would inject Lysol are probably the same people using meth.

• Upvote 3

I just read a FB post from the NDDOH that said they list total number of deaths WITH Covid, not BECAUSE of Covid.  That's a big difference.   I had never seen it stated that way before by an official.  

They would need to wait til the death certificate is issued to know the cause.

57 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I just read a FB post from the NDDOH that said they list total number of deaths WITH Covid, not BECAUSE of Covid.  That's a big difference.   I had never seen it stated that way before by an official.  

Have you ever considered, that information posted on facebook is not reliable and that spreading misinformation hurts your credibility? 

I've linked to it here before. Medical professionals have already commented on it here. The CDC is very open about how medical professionals need to document deaths.

Here is the link from the CDC, their handbook of death registration used since 2003. See specifically page 23, item 2 which speaks to the traditional flue and interpreting cause of death. 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/misc/hb_me.pdf

Here is the link from the CDC specifically on how medical professionals outlining COVID deaths.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/vsrg/vsrg03-508.pdf

If you want to challenge how medical professionals do their job or buy into the sensationalism on how it is reported, then that's on you. 

31 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Houston built a $17 million dollar temp hospital for coronavirus.

The coronavirus surge never came.

They are thinking if tearing it down now.

It never saw a single patient.

Texas received $11.2 Billion from the feds, enough to build over 650 similar hospitals. They will be okay despite spending a fraction of a percent on insurance for a hospital. 

https://www.cbpp.org/research/how-much-each-state-will-receive-from-the-coronavirus-relief-fund-in-the-cares-act

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

It's pretty widely known information around the Country.

Dr. Birx, Coronavirus Response Coordinator, was on TV and broadcast to the world at a White House briefing:

: DR. DEBORAH BIRX: So, I think in this country we've taken a very liberal approach to mortality. And I think the reporting here has been pretty straightforward over the last five to six weeks. Prior to that when there wasn't testing in January and February that's a very different situation and unknown.

There are other countries that if you had a preexisting condition and let's say the virus caused you to go to the ICU and then have a heart or kidney problem some countries are recording as a heart issue or a kidney issue and not a COVID-19 death. Right now we are still recording it and we will I mean the great thing about having forms that come in and a form that has the ability to market as COVID-19 infection the intent is right now that those if someone dies with COVID-19 we are counting that as a COVID-19 death.

Exact quote.

We all know theres the "book" way of doing things and then there's the "real world way."

Other countries that death would be heart attack. She said not in this country. It's a coronavirus death.

And hospitals get more money for "treating coronavirus" cases.... and you dont need a confirmed test....just a "probable" diagnosis.

1 hour ago, dynato said:

Have you ever considered, that information posted on facebook is not reliable and that spreading misinformation hurts your credibility? 

I've linked to it here before. Medical professionals have already commented on it here. The CDC is very open about how medical professionals need to document deaths.

Here is the link from the CDC, their handbook of death registration used since 2003. See specifically page 23, item 2 which speaks to the traditional flue and interpreting cause of death. 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/misc/hb_me.pdf

Here is the link from the CDC specifically on how medical professionals outlining COVID deaths.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/vsrg/vsrg03-508.pdf

If you want to challenge how medical professionals do their job or buy into the sensationalism on how it is reported, then that's on you. 

In light of the above information, care to speak to your credibility since you're the smartest guy in the room and all?  

51 minutes ago, Cratter said:

It's pretty widely known information around the Country.

Dr. Birx, Coronavirus Response Coordinator, was on TV and broadcast to the world at a White House briefing:

Exact quote.

We all know theres the "book" way of doing things and then there's the "real world way."

Other countries that death would be heart attack. She said not in this country. It's a coronavirus death.

And hospitals get more money for "treating coronavirus" cases.... and you dont need a confirmed test....just a "probable" diagnosis.

Let’s be clear, there is the increased revenue in the DRG methodology related to Covid, but the hospitals would be much happier ridding themselves of  every Covid case for the vanishes stents, joint replacements, etc that are not happening.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I think we should have daily updates for Herpes, too.  You know, to get a sense of how things are going in the community, how many new tests and cases there were, what additional safeguards we may need, and how many have recovered.

Herpes or hair piece?  Haha

25 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I think we should have daily updates for Herpes, too.  You know, to get a sense of how things are going in the community, how many new tests and cases there were, what additional safeguards we may need, and how many have recovered.

Deaths: Number of individuals who died with Herpes.

9 hours ago, UND1983 said:

In light of the above information, care to speak to your credibility since you're the smartest guy in the room and all?  

9 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

I work in research. My job is to poke holes in other peoples research to find where they were wrong, find where they were right, and what could be improved. The same is done by others for my research. A scrutiny that is being done by all parties on coronavirus until the dust settles. Or at least the "where they were wrong" bit is being applied. Don't be personally offended that I called Facebook screenshots a poor source of reliable information. See Example of ND department of health comment

To establish credibility when sharing information, you typically share directly from the primary source which has the credibility and expertise that you do not have. Work that UNDBIZ just did for you. I should not have had you doubting the validity of your own statement considering you and Cratter were ultimately right. Facebook is just not a good source to reference, too many russian influencers.

If you looked at the the CDC guidelines, if someone has COVID, or was presumed to have covid, they are allowed to label the death as COVID. While it is undeniably true that hospitals do get more money for treating covid patients, theories of hospitals deliberately miscoding patients as COVID-19 for financial gain are not supported by any evidence. In relation to death, the idea that hospitals get more money to label a death as COVID is also largely unfounded.