SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Duluth -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

13 hours ago, AJS said:

I'm not worried at all long term about UND's goaltending situation, but in the short term I am. You need to go with Scheel and if he's over .900, UND wins, under, they lose

Will .816 get it done?

Asking for Dubnyk

Disappointing result and I think a lot of the problem was the guys just got too undisciplined in their play. Taking chances they didn't need to at times and trying for a home run type play when the smarter play was the safe play. Had a few chances to really put this one away right after going up 3-1 and Shepherd came up with some huge saves eventually allowing Duluth to survive the storm and take advantage of a couple opportunities and be right back in the game. Shepherd made the huge saves that Duluth needed and Scheel didn't. Shepherd came up with a couple big stops that would've made it 6-5 with 4 minutes left too. Scheel was left hung out to dry a few times but he is also just struggling in some ways right now too. His angles are off way more than normal and he has got caught back in is net instead of out challenging a lot lately. I thought Duluth's first goal should've been no goal but Scheel absolutely has to come up with a save on goals 4 and 5. The shorty for goal 2 was another one that Scheel probably takes care of most of the time too but he was off his angle. Guys gotta bounce back tomorrow night and find a way to get the win.

Yeah, we need some positive thoughts.  A split would not be the end of the world.

A sweep would, I am afraid, be tragic, both from a points standing and a "moving forward" momentum. 

Let's hope for the best.   Be it Scheel or Thome or.................

Need to work on defence and having a guy back to break up the breakaway game they play.also gotta take a shot and get the rebound instead of 3 persons have to touch the luck before a shot on net. Also got to get a little physical not goonish but physical and move there bodies from out in front of the net. If nothing else its gonna sound bad but the goalie might have to pit some lumber to one of there guys to keep them from running him over whenever Duluth has the puck since they charge the net 8 out of 10 times

4 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Its not like we didn’t see this coming. They have been playing poorly since the start of the new year. 

Bingo. You’re exactly right. Not sure why I get locked into this forum...nice outlet though. Boys need to rebound tomorrow. Go Sioux!

1 minute ago, 06 Sioux said:

What is our record on CBS college sports?  It has nothing to do anything, but I am just curious.

Just guessing, but in the last 10, I don't think they've gotten more than 3 wins (ties are not wins).  Outworked and outcoached tonight.  This sucks.

#1 Pump the brakes on the Scheel is the best goalie in college hockey talk.  He's good, but a long ways from great 

#2 UMD 11-3 in last 14 games against UND.  Make no mistake about it, the road to #9 still goes through Duluth 

#3 Thome needs to start tomorrow and a win is more needed than UNDs record indicates. 

• Upvote 2