SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Duluth -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

Just now, tnt said:

Goodness, our fanbase needs to step away from the ledge.  It is still January, and if I recall the 2016 team laid an egg in Denver and still rebounded.  There are concerns to be sure, but I think every team has them.

Yep.  And we shall hash them all out in the end.

Just now, Cratter said:

Berry: "Of course we're gonna start the goalie tonight who has gotten pulled the last two games."

Schlossman: "How many goals you think he'll give up tonight?"

Berry: "Hmm probably 7."

Hah.  Probably not the exact words, but.........

19 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Right now UND doesnt look anything like the first half team and is struggling to look like natty contenders.

Considering how many teams have won championships lately that barely get into the tournament, does it really matter if you slip a little two months removed from the tournament?  We’ll see where they go from here.  It is hard to get players attention when they still are winning playing less than their best. 

2 minutes ago, tnt said:

Considering how many teams have won championships lately that barely get into the tournament, does it really matter if you slip a little two months removed from the tournament?  We’ll see where they go from here.  It is hard to get players attention when they still are winning playing less than their best. 

There's is "in game" momentum and there is "in season" momentum.

"Barely getting into the tournament" doesnt mean anything if a team is playing their best hockey at the end of the season.

Starting with Duluth's first goal (that I still think shouldn't have counted), they were able to go hard to the front of the net from behind the goal line with little, or no resistance. Our defensemen used to knock guys on their asses for even trying to do that. We better get that fixed soon or we are in deep doo doo, no matter who is in net...

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

The last 10 games UND played before the national tournament that year....

They went 8-1-1.

I’m aware of the last 10 games before the NCAA’s...the loss and the tie at the Frozen Faceoff were of major concern to this board heading into the tournament.