SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Duluth -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

7 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

It a safe bet that sobriety is imposed by a judge.

Guaranteed he has to blow into a sensor to start the car or the computer.... not to mention the speed dial to kfan.

Giving him this kind of attention is exactly what he wants. Keep this in mind: his sociopathic obsession with Brad will be used against him in divorce court, and against his children when they are trying out for travel teams.

• Upvote 1

Beat on Scheel all you want, but what was missing from last night's game was offensive puck possession.  You lose that battle against a team like Duluth and you are going to spend too much time chasing, then you hand the opponent too many quality opportunities.  Our zone entry and puck possession in the second and third periods was a couple of notches below lackluster.  Get down a couple of goals and pinch too much, bang...breakaway.  Perfect recipe for a "L".  Those breakaway goals are not on Scheel, including the shortie (bad PP puck management).  To come out on top against a team like this UND HAS TO figure out zone entry.  The dogs made an adjustment on the blue line at the start of the second, and it killed our possession time.  We did not adjust, and we could not overcome the momentum flip of that shorhander.  Certainly Scheel let in a couple he'd like to have back, and I'm sure he had a nightmare about the one that went in his glove and bounced out, but this loss is not entirely on him.  It was a team loss.  Coaching, execution, and mentally...UND was outworked.  Reload, bring in Tychonic...and be relentless on the puck.  No space, no time, and win the races.  

Before the break we had a veteran and salty defense, one of the best goalies in the country with a capable back-up, and the best goalie coach in the country.  Now we have a save percentage around .820.  What happened to cause us to go off the rails so fast - especially after a break that could be used to heal any nagging injuries.  

4 minutes ago, Irish said:

Before the break we had a veteran and salty defense, one of the best goalies in the country with a capable back-up, and the best goalie coach in the country.  Now we have a save percentage around .820.  What happened to cause us to go off the rails so fast - especially after a break that could be used to heal any nagging injuries.  

That is a great question. Also our PK has been pretty so so as well. I just can’t figure out what happened to our defense and goaltending. It’s been just atrocious. Who is responsible for both those areas? 

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Giving him this kind of attention is exactly what he wants. Keep this in mind: his sociopathic obsession with Brad will be used against him in divorce court, and against his children when they are trying out for travel teams.

Doesn’t the restraining order keep DHG at least 100 yards away from Schlossman?

Okay, I'm back from vacation.  Unfortunately I've got no eligibility left and Bubbs won't return any of my phone calls so I'm not an option to fix our goalie thing.

I thought game one would be tighter.  Wrong again Wilbur.....:lol:

I'd like to know how many misconduct or major penalties Wolf has in his career against us?  Its seriously every game. 

11 hours ago, tnt said:

Our first road loss since the second week of the year and we are doomed!  I always thought the formula was to sweep at home and split on the road, but I guess the new formula is win every game or else!

Of course the Sioux aren’t going to win every night but when they don’t play how we all know they can, thats when it gets annoying. And WHAT IN THE HELL HAPPENED TO SCHEEL??? He went from an above average goalie to a meh goalie. When you’re afraid that when a puck is shot at him and it might go in that’s not good

54 minutes ago, Irish said:

What's worrysome is that Sheel shows no signs yet of playing out of his slump.

I'll push back on that a little bit. He made a couple really big saves last night. But frankly, we can't expect him to stop ALL what I think was 5 breakaways last night. He'll definitely want back a couple of goals last night, but, the dude has it in him. All mental, at this point.

17 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

It takes a real scumbag to mock people for what their profession pays. As if Schloss won't get a fat payday for his eventual book deal.

Brad could have left GF several times for much more lucrative ventures. He just loves what he does.

From Schloss' rewind:

UND hasn't been very good in CBS Sports Network games lately. Since the 2017 NCHC title game, UND is 1-9-2 on CBS. It's a complete turnaround from when the league started and UND won its first five games on the network and went 10-2 in its first 12.

Geez.  Love watching them call the game but that's crazy.

3 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'll push back on that a little bit. He made a couple really big saves last night. But frankly, we can't expect him to stop ALL what I think was 5 breakaways last night. He'll definitely want back a couple of goals last night, but, the dude has it in him. All mental, at this point.

Word on the street is he's having girlfriend problems which I have always hated that excuse.

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

A special season is on the edge of unraveling. :(

I hope we can stop the bleeding before we end up on the road for the first round again.

Cmon, man. Even had we lost tonight, we'd still be leading the NCHC and likely a Top 3 in the PWR. Why do we all overreact so hard?!

• Upvote 1