SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ WMU Saturday Gameday

UNDBIZ

1 minute ago, SiouxFan100 said:

True

I'm 100 percent against fighting just to fight.....stupid.  I'd rather watch a game without a fight 99 times out of 100.  When it turns into one team taking runs and the reffs doing nothing to prevent them from taking the runs then it's up to the players.

What would Commie do?? :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

There’s history between Michaud and Western. He had a great first round playoff series against the Broncos last March and there was a lot of back and forth chirping going on. Plus, he visited Western this summer when he was deciding where to transfer so there’s probably that element too. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm 100 percent against fighting just to fight.....stupid.  I'd rather watch a game without a fight 99 times out of 100.  When it turns into one team taking runs and the reffs doing nothing to prevent them from taking the runs then it's up to the players.

What would Commie do?? :)

Nowadays you can't afford to waste a roster spot on an enforcer. That's why they can get away with that crap, no consequences. Not that  I like fighting, but it did serve a purpose. 

11 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

There’s history between Michaud and Western. He had a great first round playoff series against the Broncos last March and there was a lot of back and forth chirping going on. Plus, he visited Western this summer when he was deciding where to transfer so there’s probably that element too. 

UND Captain describes Michaud,

"He’s added a little bit of chippiness and competitiveness and some skill,.....We need guys who can get under players’ skin. I didn’t like playing against him when we played CC. I knew what kind of guy he was. He can get under guys’ skin, and it works, too."

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, cgcharvel said:

Nowadays you can't afford to waste a roster spot on an enforcer. That's why they can get away with that crap, no consequences. Not that  I like fighting, but it did serve a purpose. 

Mike Prpich is on hold for you......line #2.

IMO he was one of the best enforcers UND has had when the players policed themselves. 

To your last point.....agree. 

19 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I do not think most of their fans even know he visited Western last spring. Being here at both games , they don’t seem informed about that stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

No, but I bet the players and coaches do.

I’m more talking about how the fans here react to him than the players. The fans here HATE him. I just had a guy sitting behind me trash him all game and say he has no business playing college hockey if he can’t take a hit. 

:silly:

38 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

You just knew......as soon as it got to 3-0 they take a run at Michaud.....then they actually played hockey for a while until their push didn't get them back in the game and before you know it its 5-1 and then we've got head locks and guys getting run from behind....

Spot on

24 minutes ago, brianvf said:

CHN PWR shows UND #1 as well.
Could still change, as a couple games still to finish.

It’s real close. 

Cornell lost their first game of the season tonight so that dropped them to third.  

UND and Mankato are extremely close in RPI which is usually the deciding factor in pairwise comparisons (unless one team has a two game or larger advantage in head to head).   A few games not involving either team or even a top 10 team could decide who is 1.

1 hour ago, Emerald joker said:

It will tell other teams if you mess with us you’re going to get effed up

I just don't remember that ever preventing teams from taking runs at our skill players. It just resulted in both teams having players in the box or locker room afterwards.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Yet we have morons chanting “who’s he?he sucks sh**  every home game. Shows lack of class and intelligence from their students and ours. Makes no sense that students can’t come up with anything better than that. 

It's a chant as we all know that's been taking place for as long as I can remember, I like it. 

• Upvote 1

It extended UND's unbeaten streak to 13 games and put the team at 14-1-2 overall -- the program's best mark at Christmas break since it went 16-1-1 in 2002, Zach Parise's freshman season.

...and the rest of the story is then a flip switched as that team had a horrible second half.