SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

20 minutes ago, AJS said:

Not terrible by any means, but definitely embarrassing. So are you saying that if UND would have been in a conference McKinney would have been 2nd team? Wasn't he the 3rd best RB on the team? Not something to get an argument about and I knew better than to say anything, but oh well. 

I'm not saying I agree with all the picks. In fact, quite surprised by at least a few of them to be honest. That being said, it was media members who made the votes, not UND. I'm not going to rip on UND for trying to give some players some promotion for something under normal circumstances that they would have gotten.

9 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

i get it but it was pretty lame, considering how they worded it.  There was no competition of than a few teammates.

I don't think it was a competition between teammates, it was a hypothetical question given to a group of media members on where they would have voted UND players if they were in a hypothetical conference. Without a doubt, they should have done a better job explaining how it was done and what the criteria was for each level.

On 1/28/2020 at 2:36 PM, UND1983 said:

https://undfootball360.com/news/defensive-line-opening-more/

360 guys confirm that the team will be moving out of Memorial this year

This was inevitable. Too bad planning and budgeting for UND football was not properly managed with the proper foresight years ago. 

For now, UND football will be forced to wait for adequate funding of HPC Phase II. Hopefully construction can start sooner rather than later.

A homeless UND football is not good anyway you spin it ...

• Upvote 2

Something is going to be announced soon on the HPCII.  The only problem is that team would be homeless at least for the next 2 seasons.  It might be worth the wait if we know plans are moving forward.  Look on the bright side, we are getting new turf and new uniforms this season.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Riverhawk said:

Something is going to be announced soon on the HPCII.  The only problem is that team would be homeless at least for the next 2 seasons.  It might be worth the wait if we know plans are moving forward.  Look on the bright side, we are getting new turf and new uniforms this season.

New uniforms?  Hadn't hear that.

8 hours ago, Riverhawk said:

Wait...wait...if GF Hockey doesn't announce it, I can't believe it.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Riverhawk said:

I certainly hope you know something that I don't.  It must be a recent development - I certainly hope you are correct!!

14 hours ago, UND Fan said:

I certainly hope you know something that I don't.  It must be a recent development - I certainly hope you are correct!!

I just don't understand why everything is so hush hush.  Really, if you are looking for funding, wouldn't you want people to know where the project is funding wise.  What if all they need is $5 million and rich farmer Joe is sitting out in Western ND looking for something to fund.  Let's get it out in the open and get it done.  Who is running the show?  Give me the name of one person who knows the answers because whoever it is, they are doing a crappy job of selling it.

39 minutes ago, Riverhawk said:

I just don't understand why everything is so hush hush.  Really, if you are looking for funding, wouldn't you want people to know where the project is funding wise.  What if all they need is $5 million and rich farmer Joe is sitting out in Western ND looking for something to fund.  Let's get it out in the open and get it done.  Who is running the show?  Give me the name of one person who knows the answers because whoever it is, they are doing a crappy job of selling it.

I couldn't agree more. Similar situation with my frustration with the Football bidding process. Make it easy for people to donate and publicize it. Every 6 months I would have some sort of "Flash" fundraising effort for Phase II. Have a link, promote it and see how you do for a week. It would be a good reminder and get people talking. It wouldn't be much, but I would absolutely give every time if they made it that easy.