SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

2 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

And we will have 3.

Schuster got some live action experience in something more than mop up duty so that has to help and Vaughn definitely has the physical tools to succeed right away. Hopefully we can get some reliable play from at least one of them, maybe a committee approach like some do.

26 minutes ago, Goose15 said:

Not sure which coach had the idea to drop the OL weight, but I really hope it is fixed. Need to show we can adjust and learn from our mistake. 

I don’t care how much they weigh as long as the play improves.   It equally does no good having a 320 lb lineman with belly hanging over pants.   We need to start getting the o linemen to develop into a leaner 290-305.  Some of the guys will be there next year.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, homer said:

I don’t care how much they weigh as long as the play improves.   It equally does no good having a 320 lb lineman with belly hanging over pants.   We need to start getting the o linemen to develop into a leaner 290-305.  Some of the guys will be there next year.  

I agree with this.

1 hour ago, homer said:

I think this was the concept behind the "drop weight" was to have them quicker but still strong. Unfortunately they didn't have the strength to overcome the lack of mass, weren't able to push anyone. That falls on the S&C department, need the lines on both sides to be much stronger.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, homer said:

I don’t care how much they weigh as long as the play improves.   It equally does no good having a 320 lb lineman with belly hanging over pants.   We need to start getting the o linemen to develop into a leaner 290-305.  Some of the guys will be there next 

Hope you are right. Still a little nervous with the same strength coach running the show, who couldn't get our starting 5 to where they needed to be this year. 

34 minutes ago, Goose15 said:

Hope you are right. Still a little nervous with the same strength coach running the show, who couldn't get our starting 5 to where they needed to be this year. 

Kind of a lot to ask in one off season. “Hey kid drop 20-30lbs of fat but don’t lose any strength”. This off-season is huge for Baukol to prove the haters wrong. Both lines need a lot of development. 

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Goose15 said:

Our starting five needs to accept the responsibility to get where they need to be. Same goes for the rest of the team. SC coach is a factor but very few teams are going to blame the SC coach if they aren’t getting the job done. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Our starting five needs to accept the responsibility to get where they need to be. Same goes for the rest of the team. SC coach is a factor but very few teams are going to blame the SC coach if they aren’t getting the job done. 

It’s true. The strength coach can’t control how committed guys are off the field.

17 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

It’s true. The strength coach can’t control how committed guys are off the field.

True. That comes from the culture the head coach sets. I am confident in Danny and Coach P to figure things out with the run game next year and give an all around good offense. 

12 minutes ago, Goose15 said:

True. That comes from the culture the head coach sets. I am confident in Danny and Coach P to figure things out with the run game next year and give an all around good offense. 

Things fall into place when it’s self policed by the players. This is where NDSU has their great advantage. It’s expected to be fully committed and to do the little things like eat right/enough and do extra work. 

20 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Love what Tommy has done.  Great kid, a winner.

I give the keys to the offense to 6'4 230.  He will have his growing pains, but his ability to run can diversify the offense to new levels.

Let’s let him get to campus first. We have 2 new promising QB prospects and a RFr who got game experience last season and was decent. Should be quite a battle for QB position. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Feff said:

That falls on the S&C department, need the lines on both sides to be much stronger.

Just look at the 4 teams playing in the semi's today.  It is obvious to the naked eye that the S&C programs at those schools are at a different level than it is in GF.........

7 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

Just look at the 4 teams playing in the semi's today.  It is obvious to the naked eye that the S&C programs at those schools are at a different level than it is in GF.........

True. And yet we beat one of them and handed another one a victory at their place, losing by a gift FG. 

1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

That’s not been UND’s M.O.   The coaches like to keep the competitive spirit going up until week prior to first game. 

Ya, I know. I’d like to see a number one named going into the summer. Maybe he could establish the leadership role going into camp. Just what I’d like to see. 

28 minutes ago, bang said:

Ya, I know. I’d like to see a number one named going into the summer. Maybe he could establish the leadership role going into camp. Just what I’d like to see. 

Positive leadership on the team is huge, huge. This is what we need... coaches can’t control the bad juju, or it is very difficult.  This is sounding like a great group!

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020-21 Football Season