SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

Obviously a great start to the season for UND. After watching the first three games two things stand out to me.

1.  Many weapons on offense 

2. Much stronger on the lines.

I am wondering if there was a change done to the strength and conditioning side of things. The overall size and shape of the team looks like a division 1 program now. It has taken awhile to get here but I am very optimistic about the direction of this program. What do you guys think about the S&C?

13 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

Still makes no sense to have the Bison at #2. Haley is playing historical data here, which is completely irrelevant. It is almost like he is trying to setup for a crazy UND/NDSU matchup .... this is why polls are dumb.

Undefeated team at 3. Team with 1 loss at 2, and that once loss was a blowout to the team ranked number 3. Team names aside, the math doesn't add up.

48 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Undefeated team at 3. Team with 1 loss at 2, and that once loss was a blowout to the team ranked number 3. Team names aside, the math doesn't add up.

You have a "I know what I know, and that's how it is, homer" brain and a "rational, logical, it needs to make sense" brain. 

If you're trying to understand the bolded logically, you're using the wrong brain. ;) 

17 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

The Bison are still a good team even though their QB play and coaching has been questionable so far this season. Honestly UND cannot be considered better than them until they beat them. The Bison are still big and fast and can turn it around anytime. UND and the Valley better be ready! Even though their own fan base has given up I’m not counting them out until their season ends.....

At least UNI is ranked appropriately.....

Absolutely spot on. They are not to be underestimated.

32 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

The Bison are still a good team even though their QB play and coaching has been questionable so far this season. Honestly UND cannot be considered better than them until they beat them. The Bison are still big and fast and can turn it around anytime. UND and the Valley better be ready! Even though their own fan base has given up I’m not counting them out until their season ends.....

I agree, until UND beats the BISON, it's all conjecture.  That being said, if MO ST was not an absolute !@#$ show on Saturday, I think NDSU would have lost.  They have zero confidence in the QB.  Again MO St is not a good team in many areas and self-destructed most of the game.

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Not saying NDSU still isn't a good team, but name another team (other than possible UNI) that would be ranked this high after the thumping they took to SIU?

Whether we lose to them, or beat them. The W/L resumes are far different right now, which is what rankings should be based on.

18 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Not saying NDSU still isn't a good team, but name another team (other than possible UNI) that would be ranked this high after the thumping they took to SIU?

Whether we lose to them, or beat them. The W/L resumes are far different right now, which is what rankings should be based on.

It is a little ridiculous that anyone would put NDSU ahead of UND at this point. 

Team 1: 3-0, wins over three Top 25 teams, beat each team by 10+ points

Team 2: 3-1, wins over bottom of the barrel MVFC teams, got spanked by a team which Team 1 beat by 22. 

Obviously there's historical factors going into it, but anyone voting by a blind resume alone wouldn't put NDSU above UND. 

36 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Let’s be honest here, if any team has earned it, it’s them.

• Upvote 2