SiouxSports.com Forum

Nicholls State game day,

Nodak78

8 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Normally I would agree. For the first time ever I will hope ndsu wins.  If somehow Nicholls pulled the upset it would just give the AD a reason to keep Bubbba since they lost to a team that just beat ndsu. 

For UND to get to a championship level Bubba has to go.  He is not the guy to do it.  Unfortunately I suspect they will see it as progress that they made the playoffs and Bubba will be back.  Just delays the inevitable that must happen if UND is going to compete for an FCS title.  I certainly hope I’m wrong. 

Are F'n kidding me.  Hope NSDU wins?  Never ever ever.   Bubbas not going anywhere regardless of what happens next week

6 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Sad showing by the D? UND scored only 6 fricken points! that’s not going to win many games even if the defense plays well. 

The entire team was off today, including the coaches. 

Not blaming the D for the loss, plenty of blame to go around, but our run D was completely laughable.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Normally it was "lack of recruited qb."

But it turned out it was the lack of a decent recruited RB. That turned out to cost them the season.

Bubba is not going to get fired for making the playoffs two out of his six years. He needs to hit the recruiting trail better.

I hate to bring up expectations again, but 2 playoff appearances in 6 seasons with 0 playoff wins isn’t exactly great.

Bubba will certainly be UND’s Head Coach in 2020, but I wish he wasn’t.

UND Athletics does not have the high expectations nor the financial resources to make the change now (ie buy out Bubba).  A change is likely to happen after UND is embarrassed within the MVFC following the 2020 and 2021 seasons. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 90siouxfan said:

I only know Bubba from seeing him on the sidelines, does he always look like he is trying hard not to crap his pants?   When the QB just ignores him and walks away, how is that a respected coach?  He should resign and save himself and the university another embarrassing year.

he should have gone all "mason rudolph" on ketts to fire up his team and threw his helmet and in the stands and told tommy to be ready...(assuming ketts isn't very well liked by his teammates)...the team would've been buzzing to get out there after that episode.

9 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

NDSU will win by 30+

So is it better that they won and will get embarrassed in The Fargo Dome next week instead of us? NDSU is better when we played and we are worse. I don’t think this program can take a big blowout loss in front of the ND population. We didn’t have the best team this year and that is ok. Time to build for next year.

Just now, UND-FB-FAN said:

As was the run offense. As was the punting team. As was the field goal unit on the long attempt. It was a mess of all sorts. 

Correct, there were few bright spots. Mainly wanzek and toivenen. 

Overall, a horrible game for UND and a few hours of my life that I won’t get back.

5 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I only know Bubba from seeing him on the sidelines, does he always look like he is trying hard not to crap his pants?   When the QB just ignores him and walks away, how is that a respected coach?  He should resign and save himself and the university another embarrassing year.

The only way Bubba is not a coach next year is if they move him into the U, athletic department offices, or alumni office.

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I hate to bring up expectations again, but 2 playoff appearances in 6 seasons with 0 playoff wins isn’t exactly great.

UND Athletics does not have the high expectations nor the financial resources to make the change now (ie buy out Bubba).  A change will almost certainly happen after UND is embarrassed within the MVFC after the 2020 and 2021 seasons

Hopefully....

12 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Normally it was "lack of recruited qb."

But it turned out it was the lack of a decent recruited RB. That turned out to cost them the season.

Bubba is not going to get fired for making the playoffs two out of his six years. He needs to hit the recruiting trail better.

Skokna should have been on the field every down. He was our quickest receiver today and we did not use him enough. Kett also had some wide open receivers opposite of where he was staring down.

4 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND Athletics does not have the high expectations nor the financial resources to make the change now (ie buy out Bubba).  A change is likely to happen after UND is embarrassed within the MVFC following the 2020 and 2021 seasons. 

Next year will be it, no way they bring him for a lame duck 2021 season.  

Bubba will be back.  Und lost this game on both sides of the line.  Excited to see what Tommy can do.  Was hoping they would try him for the last series.

The linemen will be mutch improved once they have a chance to lose even more weight this summer.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You may be right. 

What a depressing thought.  

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Are you paying for your season tickets next year with cash or credit?  

Hahaha........you must be related to stockdamhockey?

I'll be there next year. Someone has to give you the attendance projection in the first quarter.

• Upvote 1

Well congratulations to the team on a good year and making the FCS playoffs. 

Having said that, it does not bode well for entering the MVFC - not tough enough, not big enough, and no depth ... hall marks of most MVFC teams.  2020 is going to be a long long year playing Bubbaball with the MVFC folks.

• Upvote 1

Is anybody really that surprised what happened today? We never were real good or real bad. Up and down. No running game really all year. Suspect in many positions?  the lineman weight experiment is suspect? Kett always was a little out of control. Tackling suspect all year. We all were concerned about the d line coming into the year.

Despite all I thought we had a chance. Probably because I proudly wear jelly green glasses.

disappointed but not surprised 

10 minutes ago, SiouxForeverandEver said:

NDSU will have a field day with holding calls not even funny. On the other note students were a disgrace spitting on our players during the game from the stands. But to sum it up, proud of this team but disappointed in Bubba with some calls. Nothing we can do now. Nicholls State might be surprised with a locker room at NDSU. I would cheer for them but seeing how they acted and with this environment I never thought I would say this but...GO BISON

Their holding was absolutely horrible today and I don’t see how they don’t get called in the next game in the Dome. They could have thrown a flag every passing play. NDSU is going to destroy them on both sides of the ball and they will be lucky to score double digits. Let’s just say I can’t wait to see the quarterfinal games and hoping the big sky doesn’t choke.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Is anybody really that surprised what happened today? We never were real good or real bad. Up and down. No running game really all year. Suspect in many positions?  the lineman weight experiment is suspect? Kett always was a little out of control. Tackling suspect all year. We all were concerned about the d line coming into the year.

Despite all I thought we had a chance. Probably because I proudly wear jelly green glasses.

disappointed but not surprised 

I wasn’t.  Biggest surprise is that we were outbid for a home game.  That’s very telling where UND’s administration sits regarding commitment to build the FB program.

• Upvote 2