SiouxSports.com Forum

Nicholls State game day,

Nodak78

8 minutes ago, YourInSiouxCountry said:

Anybody know what the deal with Izzy was this year.  He was a deep threat last year and barely saw the field this year?  I believe Cochran burned his redshirt today and wondering why Izzy didn't see the field.  Injury from last year still bothering him?  

This was Cochran’s 4th game, RS is intact. 

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Serious question.....when does attendance or lack thereof become part of the equation? Averaged 8300 which was down 11% from last season. If next year's average is below 8000 then what and that's a strong possibility.

The students are completely disinterested in this program. I believe season ticket holders are and have been on the decline.

Oh it couldn't be as bad as it was during the dying days of the Muss era could it?

Not an impressive showing by the hawks today.  

certainly had chances.   With weather conditions needed to be able stop the run with the wind and needed to be able to run the ball against the wind.  

kind of a bizarre game.  Always felt like we were better team.  Not a good game plan.  Never seriously challenged Nicholls D down the field.

disappointing loss for sure.  

41 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Asked about punting on 4th and 6 with 6 minutes to go and down two scores Bubba replied "little too long of yardage........As I look back, we should've gone for it".

Thats when he folded his tent. I couldnt believe it.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Asked about punting on 4th and 6 with 6 minutes to go and down two scores Bubba replied "little too long of yardage........As I look back, we should've gone for it".

Geez. I had to look it up myself to see if that quote was true.

Turns out it was. 

As have been pointed out before Bubba Ball is stuck in the 90s. 

This quote from him isn't even close to true as anyone with a minimum football IQ of 80 as knowledged by everyone here was like "wtf why u punting?!"

.....It's always easier to look back at the end."

Nicholls ran the ball up the middle all day without being stopped, both with and against the wind. You would think UND might at least make some changes when Nicholls was going into the wind. 

I can’t blame the missed catches or Ketts fumble on coaching, but pretty much everything else I can. Not adjusting, poor clock management, punting with 6 minutes left. I was shocked when he did that. Two play later Nicholls was right back where UND was when they punted. 

I also got a taste of the reason that I have watched less football over the last five years. The arrogance and attitude of the players on the field.  Not really the UND players, but the Nicholls State players. It carries over tho the fans in the stands. That really turns me off from watching football. 

5 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

I think if you take away the missed field goal, the fumble, the personal foul UND still didn’t do what it takes to win 

Probably not, but I really think we got hosed on the "Non-Targeting" penalty.  For as many times as they showed it on replay, I have a hard time understanding how it wasn't targeting.  Sure, Kett lowered his head, but the defender popped square in the end with crown of his helmet.  Hit him so hard that Kett's helmet went flying!  I'm sure that pissed Kett off, (it would piss me off).  He would never have gotten flagged if the ref wasn't two feet away to clearly hear whatever he said.  I'm sure alot worse things are said on the field that go unheard and unflagged.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GeauxSioux said:

I also got a taste of the reason that I have watched less football over the last five years. The arrogance and attitude of the players on the field.  Not really the UND players, but the Nicholls State players. It carries over tho the fans in the stands. That really turns me off from watching football. 

You touched on one of Bubba’s clear strengths - character of team.

I think we can chalk up half of Ketts fumble and the dropped passes to coaching.

Zero percent of the “find a way” or “refuse to lose” mentality. Boltmann goes out and we go away from the fun-having spread-the-ball offense, 4 carries for 19 yards from Skokna - but 47 pass attempts in what really was a 1 score game for much of the duration? 47 pass attempts, over 50-60% of passes within 5 yards of line of scrimmage?

Ish.

Bubba has elevated the program - yes. And he’s a good guy, but even when our team is deeper, faster, stronger, smarter - we will still be left with the lack of killer instinct.

• Upvote 1